+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Denison centrifugal seminar - Anyone going?

Post Likes

Garth Denison centrifugal seminar - Anyone going?

Just signed up for Garth Denison's Centrifugal seminar scheduled in may, up in Frankenmuth Michigan.

Curious if anyone else is going.

I saw Garth give a presentation on refrigeration a few years back, and the man is a guru.

I'm excited.

Post Likes
    Is this the same guy that used to work for Carrier and also gave seminars for RSES back in 80s? I attended his microprocessor for chiller seminar back then if the same man and learned a lot, he was an excellent instructor.
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

Post Likes
    I believe that he was an engineer for dupont and now Sporlan.
    Let us know how it is.

Post Likes
    Enjoy your chicken dinner and don't forget to stop by Bronners on your way out of town.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sargent york View Post
    Is this the same guy that used to work for Carrier and also gave seminars for RSES back in 80s? I attended his microprocessor for chiller seminar back then if the same man and learned a lot, he was an excellent instructor.
    Yeah, I think it's the same guy. I believe he did work for Spolan and maybe Carrier, or Carlyle aswell.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Enjoy your chicken dinner and don't forget to stop by Bronners on your way out of town.
    Roger that.

Post Likes
    I was talking with Garth last week and he mentioned that he would be in Frankenmuth and putting on a seminar on high pressure chillers both of the centrifugal and screw compressor variety. During our conversation he mentioned that this would be the last as there does not seem to the interest in large tonnage unit there was yeasr ago, he also mentioned that at 71 years of age it should be time for him to call it quits.

If you have the opportunit to get to this seminar I would suggest that you go as he is extremely knowable and the hand out materials are excellent and usually in the CD format. One more chicken dinner will not kill you.

The HVAC&R industry will definitely miss the excellent presenter and knowable engineer. His work experence covers the major manufacturers and he is always willing to share his knowledge. He is going to be missed as there are very few experts willing to share their knowledge and knowhow.

See you there at the seminar I will definitely be one of the participants in the room.

Post Likes
    Any more specific info? time and place? Openings still available?

Post Likes
    Dupont, Sporlan, Carrier. And yes Guru. We got to soak in lots of his expertise. As the old expression goes, he's forgotten more then 10 of us will ever know.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes

Chiller Seminar information

This seminar is being presented by RSES in Frankenmuth MI. Anyone interested in going please contact Jeannie Birch at 1-800-297-5660 Ext 4046 for details. I am under the impression that yes there is limited space available.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph-D View Post
    This seminar is being presented by RSES in Frankenmuth MI. Anyone interested in going please contact Jeannie Birch at 1-800-297-5660 Ext 4046 for details. I am under the impression that yes there is limited space available.
    You can also go to www.rses.org

Find the education tab and click on seminars. I registered online, I imagine anyone interested can do the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in