Carrier Aqua Snap rapid staging?

I have a Carrier aqua snap 30RB110 that takes forever to stage up. It wasn't a big deal a few years ago, but things have started to load up and I want to make it faster. I have heard of a jumper on the board you can cut, but it must be urban legend, because there is nothing in the manual about it. I was targeting 46F LWT yesterday and it took 23 minutes to get it there, and that was with 56F EWT.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

How fast do you want this to happen? The more you increase the sensitivity or speed of loading, you will increase the compressor staging on and off. This will kill compressors. Is this a critical computer center or something. Whats the rush?

Are you sure it wasn't in some kind of limiting mode?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

you can change the program so it will load faster but like what has been said it will short cycle the comps.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    How fast do you want this to happen? The more you increase the sensitivity or speed of loading, you will increase the compressor staging on and off. This will kill compressors. Is this a critical computer center or something. Whats the rush?
    Yes, Data center. The chiller will be used for base loading, which means it will never make set point. If the power goes out I want them to fire up really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't in some kind of limiting mode?
    I didn't see any capacity limiting while it was loading up. Looked good, just taking a long time.

ya it's more then likely the ramp load, with it turned on it slows the staging down so the temps drop slower and the comps run longer. turn it off and the temp should drop much faster.

Read the book page 17,23,46. It still is going to take a bit to fully load chiller. Trust me, the center can go longer than 23 mins with non design water temps. If not you need to sell them a thermal storage set up. We work on alot of data bldg and this is the chiller that is in there.

Sounds like an oportunity for up selling!

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    I didn't see any capacity limiting while it was loading up. Looked good, just taking a long time.
    How old is it got a serial number?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    Read the book page 17,23,46. It still is going to take a bit to fully load chiller. Trust me, the center can go longer than 23 mins with non design water temps. If not you need to sell them a thermal storage set up. We work on alot of data bldg and this is the chiller that is in there.

Sounds like an oportunity for up selling!
    What kind of thermal storage do you use? This is only one of the 5 chillers at the site and it is the smallest.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    How old is it got a serial number?
    The chiller is about 5 years old. I don"t have the number on me right now.

one way to make fast loading of the unit is making modification on the ramp loading of the unit , check the information in the IOM manual of the unit , but not sure if the unit is going to reach the temp you looking for.
    storage tank will be good option.

regards