Leak test?

Thread: Leak test?

Leak test?

How do you leak test during an install/repair? The guys I work with call it good if they pull a vacuum down past 500. I just had this fail for me so now I've been valving off the pump and making sure I don't raise past 1000 microns. I'm wondering what others do & what is considered the best way to rest assured there will be no call back.

You should be pressure testing the system first with nitrogen to ensure no leaks.

Run your line set first and all hooked up. Then leave in a pressure test until the rest of the job is finished.

Pressure test with nitrogen before pulling vacuum. The nitrogen will also remove some moisture if the system has been open for a while. We try to shoot for 300-400 micron vacuum and let it stand for 30 min or so.

Pressure test with your inert gas,let stand,pull your vacuum 300 to 500 microns,let stand,should be ready to charge.

pressure test joints with combo of nitro and refrig, jusst enough the leak detecter could pick it up, pull a vac to below 300, blank off pump and watch to see it it raises above 500 in less than a min. If it does you either have a leak or moisture.

i pressure test with nitrogen and make sure it holds then pull vacuum 500 microns make sure it holds and when all good, charge.