+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drywall stilts

Post Likes
    call me crazy, everyone else has... but i bought some drywall stilts that adjust from 18-30 inches off the ground, so i no longer have to drag a ladder around, and go up and down it during new construction rough ins.

i thought, and still think that its a damn good idea, i have been practicing on them, and am pretty used to them now.

btw, graingers, 306 bucks...eek

Post Likes
    Those are the only way to go. Have you goten good going up and down stairs with them on??? Now that is fun

Post Likes
    i haven't had a chance to try around stairs, but i have a feeling it will be tricky.

Post Likes

Stilts

I also used stilts years ago.

I found them useful for putting registers and grilles on.

Post Likes
    I had planned to purchase a set of those stilts for when I had to set lay-in registers in drop ceilings. Found out I didn't need them much since all the ceilings I worked through were at 8 feet from the floor. I just reached up, grabbed the flex drop, tied it on and set the register in place. I was moving twice as fast as the guys hauling ladders around. May still get a set for those higher than 8' ceilings, they're a great tool for those type installs.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in