This is my little German friend that helps me on jobs. Had it for 5 years and it still works great!!

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I have a Ridgid 600 that I use for in place threading. I look just like that a will thread up to 1 1/4" Great tool. We had a 700 that was nice would thread up to 2". But I still love my Ridgid 300 My has got to 30 plus years old older then it user.
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

I had been watchong for a Ridgid 600 and dont really want a 7oo being they are so big. I have seen a few odd brands out there that looked like the 600 but were not Ridgid, I just questioned if they were even close in quality. I dont use a threader that often in the field so I have gotten by on a hand threader.

Coolwhip.......how is the price on that compared to Ridgid ??????

Reed offers a complete set like that light weight, and they take the standerd 12r dies

I think it was about 700 bucks. It also comes with a vice clamp so you can thread the end of a pipe while its in place. Im not sure how to post a link, but you can check out the website.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Harbor Freight tools sells one like it for about $150.00
    it comes with case and dies.

150 bucks...must be built out of an erector set.

Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by coolwhip
    150 bucks...must be built out of an erector set.
    just like yours

hummmmmmm it is somewhat like the one you have. Diferant handle for sure. Kinda makes me wonder what the quality is for $150.00. I was curious what the price of coolwhips being I was thinking it was something like the one of harbor freights at a cheaper price. I had no idea it was as expensive as Ridgids 600.

Anyone in here ever bought the one from harbor freight ?????? If so tell us what it was like.

That pipe threader from harbor freight is a piece of crap. Stick with the REMS. They are the best tools made,hands down. Remember you get what you pay for!!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Thank you DF3...would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope?

Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Thank you DF3...would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope?

Its a coppy (clone) off fine german engineering, and a bad one at that. Just like goldstar was to IBM.

Theodore Roosevelt