Carrier Infinity vs. Lennox and Trane

I am trying to get a good picture of the design and build quality differences (if any) between the top of the line Carrier (Infinity series), Trane (XR and XY series) and the Lennox (XC series). All the quotes are coming in about the same, with 2 stag thermostat and 5" media filter.
    Main concern is reliability and longevity! Any words of wisdom from the field? Thanks.

Infinity is noiseier than trane...impo
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

Which Trane unit are you comparing to the carrier and Lennox? The XR or XL? XR 15 is quiet but the XL 15,16 & 20 will be quieter due to design. You are looking at (3) great brands that all have pros and cons. If the prices are all the same, I would go with the contractor that you feel the most comfortable with.

Which ones did a load cal. On your home? That would also help you narrow down the selection. Also what about warranty offered? Did any or all present extended warr. For the equipment? I sale Trane and Belive it is one of the most reliable pieces of equipment when installed properly but again carrier and Lennox are good systems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by openclasspro View Post
    Infinity is noiseier than trane...impo
    Yeah....the last infinity's I put in...both side by side and running....you could carry on a conversation with the homeowner in normal voices....

Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    ......., I would go with the contractor that you feel the most comfortable with.

Which ones did a load cal. On your home? That would also help you narrow down the selection. Also what about warranty offered? Did any or all present extended warr. For the equipment? I sale Trane and Belive it is one of the most reliable pieces of equipment when installed properly but again carrier and Lennox are good systems as well.
    It's the contractor that makes the difference! I sell Carrier/Bryant but if you have a good Trane guy...go with them!
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Yeah....the last infinity's I put in...both side by side and running....you could carry on a conversation with the homeowner in normal voices....

It's the contractor that makes the difference! I sell Carrier/Bryant but if you have a good Trane guy...go with them!
    I agree that is what I was trying to express to original poster that if all things being equall look for the guy/company that did everything right to help narrow down the company. In most cases if the sales rep./company rep. Did everthing right then more then likly the installers will do the job right.

I know at my company that if we install a system that it will be done with 100% percent as I pride myself on doing right and my installers no this. So if there going to do it, it better be right or there will h!!! To pay. Install is 85 - 90 percent of the install is in how they install the new system.