Thread: Niagara Summit

Niagara Summit

Who is going to the Niagara Summit?
    Go Rangers!

Thought about it till I saw it was almost $1k just to walk in. Having a hard time justifying the costs.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

I'm going to the Trane Summit.

This will be my first time. Looking forward to seeing the new Infocon / EasyIO products for AX.

I'm here waiting for ya!
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

It was good to see you Rad. I had a great time.
    Go Rangers!

Lane, now it's your turn to write up a review. What's new in 3.7? I heard mobile apps were a hot topic.

Yes, mobile apps was a hot topic and will be a standard offering in 3.7. They have also upgraded the graphic library as well. There are enhancements for security withe the crypto service, SSL and TLS.

Another neat feature is the synthetic jars that can be created. You will be able to configure your devices and points along with graphic views and package them in a sythentic jar.

Also now, when you create a graphic with kitPxHvac only the resource files that you actually used from that jar for your graphics will be loaded on the jace when you install that jar. I assume this will be the functionality of all of the jars that are loaded on the jace.

A few companies that interested me was DG Logik which has a very nice and affordable high end dashboard system and conserveIt's PlantPro which is a user configurable solution for plant optimization.

I want to apologize to tdudley, I believe you walked up to a group of people I was talking with at the closing reception and walked off before I realized who you were. I would have liked to have met you.
    Go Rangers!

The Summit was great! I looked for ya Digo, I wanted to Thank You and shake your hand in person. This Thanks and virtual handshake will have to do 'til next time!
    Thank you for the help you've been!
    Yeah Lane, it was real good to meet you and Barry!
    Thanks for letting me join up with you two!
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Quote Originally Posted by rad1 View Post
    The Summit was great! ...
    Yes, it was!
    We were one of the 68 Europeans attending (we had presentations and a booth in the exhibition). Some nice facts:
    * 1.255 attendees (2 years before it was something like 900) ==> community is growing significantly!
    * 57 exhibitors (Samsung! Intel!)
    * many many interesting sessions, 2 days were not enough for us to see everything.
    We proposed to select another hotel (Red Rock Resort came to its limits), but same place (Vegas, SFO might be another option) and - maybe - to expand to 3 days.

Some more News:
    Niagara 4 will come! Not something totally new but facelift of the core and adding new functionality: highly portable to custom hardware (hardware abstraction), Apps in Store, BajaScript / HTML5. Semantic Web, Analytics, Usability, Security. Tridium wants to sell technologies and software, not embedded controllers! I´ve heard, the license model might change in future (to make the handling easier).
    One major topic of course was Sedona: 1.1 is out, 1.2 in the test phase. 1.3 will come - next year? More and more companies are offering Sedona products, just look thru the exhibitors list. They had to repeat the Sedona sessions because so many people wanted to join.
    Tridium has re-invented themselves. Turning from applications towards base technology.
    Yes, a couple of people have left Tridium over the last years (after acquisition by Honeywell), several of them with new start-ups (John Petze, Scott Munch, ...) but keeping in touch with the technology very closely. And: There are more and more young guys in the Richmond Headquarter: John Sublett for instance, Chief Technology Officer: He gave an outstanding presentation "The Niagara and Sedona Frameworks, Next Generation".
    I asked Tridium (Marc Petock) to publish the keynotes in Youtube.

In a break I had a nice discussion with a reseller of some other products. His projection: Driven by AX and Sedona, there might more things happen next time, and for sure the European market will follow. (The Europeans usually are some years behind, but we are working on it to change that!). A Swiss product manager of a "big name" was looking around to see “what is going to happen there with Sedona”.

I went to Vegas with many questions (some doubts also), heard several rumours in Chicago before. And I went back very very convinced and - so to say - a little bit euphoric, remembering their slogan "Niagara-AX: Anything else is just software!"
    They have a clear vision and a well defined product strategy. They are in an excellent financial situation (the lion´s share of their business is with OEMs).
    They follow up to date business models. All and everything made a fresh and innovative impression on me. This is not the World of traditional BMS thinking. Having in mind all the changes in technologies and in the markets (!) we see today and expect for tomorrow. Their opening song was “Revolution”, that was the key message for the whole summit. No more discussions about “LON or BACnet?” – wrong question!

Nice post Butsu.
    Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Nice post Butsu.
    If I only knew who you (all) are, I am sure I´ve met some of you on the exhibition...

(The Europeans usually are some years behind, but we are working on it to change that!)
    I'm assuming you are referring to Tridium. I thought it would have been the other way around, at least concerning energy consumption.