Thread: Problem with condensate - HE furnace

Post Likes

Problem with condensate - HE furnace

York P3URD10N05501

Symptoms: Initially woke up to cold house, LED on continuously (Control Bad)
    Found a teaspon of water at point W in picture, and a small amount under the inducer housing.

Subsequent Symptoms after reset: Flames out in about 30 seconds, 10-flashes (Condensate system), resets and after 2 or 3 repeats of same furnace runs until thermostat is tripped. This happens each heating cycle. No repeat of continuous LED observed.

What I tried: Before condensate error was observed, removed and lightly cleaned flame sensor, which had no/very little buildup on it. After noticing error, cleaned intake of small amount of cobwebs. Removed trap and rinsed. Many small pieces of possibly soot came out of port where line 1 connects to trap. Flow seemed fine. Routed condensate drain line directly down to pump as seen in picture - had a 90 degree bend to left with possible rise initially. Checked furnace side of line 1 and inducer side of line 3 in picture, and those ports appeared completely clear. Did not remove line 2 at vent pipe, but blew into it and it seemed clear.

And the symptoms are the same. Flames out, 10 flashes, inducer cycles, reignites. Sometimes 2 or more times before running continuously.

Any suggestions? Thank you for any advice!

Post Likes
    This unfortunately isn't a DIY forum. I'd call in a pro. Soot shouldn't be in a gas furnace. You may have a combustion issue. The flame sensor would have nothing ot do with a condensate issue. A issue with the condensate system is problem something related to the condensate removal.

Post Likes
    I stated all the things I observed and did to enable someone with more experience to offer advice. The small particles in the water were black and soft, so I referred to them as "soot". I don't believe I have a soot issue - these were not clumps. I am aware the flame sensor and condensate are not related - Due to the flame outs I initially checked the flame sensor because I hadn't had the cover off the bottom to see the error code.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 11-29-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: non AOP member

Post Likes
    what is a condensate probe?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    johnnyrockwell

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Post Likes
    This place is great. A professional member with 3,000+ posts asks a question like "what is a condensate probe", and he's told he has to be a professional to post and can be banned. Reminiscent of Communist Russia.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BakingDude View Post
    This place is great. A professional member with 3,000+ posts asks a question like "what is a condensate probe", and he's told he has to be a professional to post and can be banned. Reminiscent of Communist Russia.

ITs' called rules. You too far on the opposite end of the political spectrum. Without rules as you would prefer, is called an anarchy. But you are correct, this is not a democracy or a republic. There is a chain of command. Its' more like a military dictatorship. Follow the rules or you are dispatched. At least here you get warnings.

Russia, modern or "communist", is hardly a free democracy. I'd suggest picking a better example. The folks in ARP will have plenty of ideas and opinions on that subject.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in