Interview questions? I need to ace this one

Hello my name is Robert and I will be relocating to Rowlett, TX. I graduated from ATI in 2010 yet have not been successful in gaining field experience. I have one interview lined up, so I'll be in the Dallas area May 5-9. My question is "What kind of questions should I look forward to answering in the interview?" The company's name is TDIndustrial if that helps. Thank you

Be able to define and explain superheat, subcooling and be able to read a wiring diagram. Brush up on your electrical troubleshooting and refrigeration troubleshooting. Most importantly, don't bul***it the interviewer! If you dont know something, or were never taught it, dont say you know it. Tell them you havent been exposed to that too much yet but you are eager to learn it.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Agreed. I also bring at least some of my tools with me to an interview and leave them in the car. I got a job offer simply because out of the 4-5 people there i was the only one who had the tools to be able to remove a simple cover. They told me they were looking for someone who comes prepared and i was it.
    Also dress the part. Some will say to dress for the position above what your interviewing for but ive never gone along with that. Ill dress nice with some clean jeans and a work appropriate shirt. I may or may not wear work boots but if i think im going to touch the production floor or go near heavy equipment i will. Ill also have a pair of safety glasses on me just incase. If you have tattoo's cover them up. If you cant be prepared to answer questions about them like "can you cover them up?".
    Show up about 10-15 minutes early and be prepared to wait if you have to. If im interviewing and someone shows up late i wont even start the process. You cant show up on time before you actually get the job whats going to happen when i start paying you? Ive also kept people waiting for hours if i have an emergency going on. The ones that wait it out are serious about a job, the ones that leave didnt want one in the first place.

superheat subcooling
    how to check incoming voltage (208/230 - 460 volt circuits) no telling how this question will be presented it might be troubleshooting it might just be how many volts you read from phase to phase or how many you will read to ground.
    bring a pt chart, i took a test and the only way i got some answers right was because i brought one
    delta t and delta p
    know the refrigeration cycle and all of the major components in detail be prepared to draw it
    expansion valves (bulb placement)

dont bs the guy if you dont know you dont know. it takes time to become a great tech. i didnt do well on a verbal test and still got a call back from the place after they hired and quickly fired someone who had more experience then me but showed up couldnt troubleshoot his way out of a wet paper bag. he looked great on paper and sold himself during the interview but thats about it.

Thank you everyone I feel very optimistic my interview. So basically just remember what I already learned and be myself.

agree superheat, subcooling and reading prints. Always keep in mind safety, companys like to hear you work safe.

Know the refrigeration cycle and the major components,compressor,cond,etc.Know some basic definitions for latent heat,sensible heat,etc.Be confident,a good interviewer will be rooting for ya and want you to do well.

might go over to their web site and see the style of jobs they cover...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I never had technical questions asked of me in an interview as an apprentice or mechanic. One thing important that I learned while working in the corp world is know a little about the company, go on their website and read something, as a newbie nobody is going to care about your technical skills because they know you don't have much or none for that matter. The want to know what your soft skills are, the way you are with people, customers, are you going to show up to work everyday without smelling like booze or weed, etc, etc. Take it ez and dont sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by delquad View Post
    Thank you everyone I feel very optimistic my interview. So basically just remember what I already learned and be myself.
    Good Luck !! TD Mechanical has been around a Lonnnnnnngg time in the DFW area....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....