Hi, The new system being put in our house is the infinity.

There is a cased N coil and then sheetmetal plenum. Is it best to mount the N-Coil to the side of the plenum or the front (facing the coil) It would actually be above the cased coil but front or sides will be wide open for a carrier Large Fan Powered humidifier.

This probably won't get done until next week, they said they will mount it wherever I want. They said usaully to the side w/an A coil but with an N it may differ but he wasn't sure which is better location.

Hey thompsing,

Although I don't think it really matters, Carriers Manual for their N-Coil shows the humidifer on the side. This is the way I have seen it done on most installations. The important thing to remember with an N-coil (or really any coil) is to be careful when drilling the holes for the humidifer.

N-Coil Manual: http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...m-cnpvp-01.pdf

What the Manual shows:

How my current (Non-Infinity System) Humidifer is installed:

off topic, but. why did york make the tall coil with the short access. i usally ony run into these from new construction installs which i guess its not hard to slip the metal over at that point. is that considered a cased or partially cased coil? btw, is it leaking? yet?

billva,

I have no idea why these kinds "partially cased" of coils were made. Guess they were cheaper for the new construction market. And NO, it is not leaking yet! 11 years old and it has held out very well.