Mcquay WGZD45 Chiller Charge

I went out on a Mcquay WGZD45 Chiller the other day, and it was undercharged. This chiller is nearly brand new, and has had problems every since the intial start up a few months ago. This chiller has a remote air cooled condenser with about 15 ft of refrigeration lines. The system was field charged to about 30 lbs per circuit. The system was low on charge. I looked for leaks but I couldnt find any. I am just wondering if the person who charged it just undercharged it. I was wondering what is the typical charge on something like this per circuit? Just a rough estimate will work. I just want to know if I need to look a lot harder for a leak or not.

Thanks!
    J. King

the circuit needs to be fully loaded, all compressors on for that circuit and all the condenser fans needs to be on. then you can check the charge correctly. it is hard to do sometimes at the start up if the load is not available.

How many tons per circuit 30 lbs seems to be under charged, but like the previous person said to charge a chiller it needs to be full load and charge to manufacture recommended subcooling.I am installing a wgz 80 ton 2 circuit with a evaporative condenser and I calculated I will need around 200 per circuit with 15 feet of piping

I guess when it was started up it was really cold in february. When I charged it I did one circuit at a time fully loaded with all the fans running. I have good subcooling now, and the sight glasses are now clear when it is fully loaded. Should I have charged it with both circuits fully loaded? Or is doing one circuit at a time okay. I just didn't want my water temperature to drop to quickly.

Thanks
    J. King

one circuit fully loaded will be ok.