Hello All

I am a new member, Been in this industry since the 80'S started as a floor sweeper, delivery guy, then to the metal shop,and then up thru the ranks and i am now a manager for a large firm.

We just recently purchased a new cutting table and just wanted to see if any other companies here are using them and if you had any secrets or help full hints for me.

I hope to be able to help you guys out if I can.

We are also a hearth products sales and service company so if you run into troubles drop me a line

I have seen a plasma table at a shop I used to visit. I personally have a plasma cutter that works awesome. It cuts accurately and very fast. If the table is anything like my portable version then it will definately make you happy.

Swoop , which one do you have ? Im just curious if its the one that is in the snips trade magazine. That one lookes real portable as compared to the big ones. Dont remember the one their premoting but I thought it looked just fine for a small shop especially if your residental and small comercial.

I remember when they first came out with the plasma tables and a shop in town bought one. they had a write up in the paper and claimed they needed to be running that thing as much as possible to pay for its self. Word was it cost them about $250,000 at that time. looks like the prices have really gone down in the last 15 years.

If it is a lockformer vulcan system with a cybermation table, even the company will give bad reviews. They have improved now but those old ones were junk

I havnt saved enough box tops to get one yet.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I used to work at a shop with a plasma cutter. Now I love laying out fittings by hand.. but after a while you get real sick of laying out ell's and transitions lol. Man I miss that plasma table!

When you get a chance you need to post some pix of your setup.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Everytime I depended on a sheetmetal shop to deliver my metal I ran into a diaster. They wouldn't deliver on time, the owner got divorced and doesn't give a crap any more, went backrupt, they got drunk.

So I took the plunge and bought a used one for 30k. To me I was scared to spend that kind of money. But, it worked great for 3 years. Then the computer and progarms craped out.

The repair company said that they could give us a new computer and program for 10K and it would make the table 25% faster.
    I didn't even have to think about it or bat an eye. I said,"Do It."

Just look at your trade area and decide if it will support the amount of metal you can put out with one of these tables. If the answer is yes then get one . You won't be sorry.

Also,

Fasttrack welcome to the board. I've been here for a while. Even though I've been in the trade for over 40 years, I still get more out of this site than I could possibly give back.