Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    amana once had 80v ignitor. Later, all changed to 120v. So if you change the board, make sure the ignitor is not 80v.

Had similar problem with 80% 1997 amana, no heat calls intermitted. Got there unit is calling, inducer running, ignitor is on, not gas? checked all safeties ok? tested incoming voltage to gas valve? intermitted got 27 volts ac? got unit to run could not get it to fail again. board # 11184501 I suspect wiring harness issue or board but unless it really shows its ugly head Im hesitant to replace it. I hate these type of problems!
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

I have seen hsi glow orange and ampdraw was good every time I was there but at night it would lock out. Finally saw hsi glow orange but only pull maybe 1.5a and gas did not lightt. It was the glow coil.(for me)

dogboy

Had a similar problem on a condensing boiler, very low ohms on the ignitor glowed nice but only light intermittently. Changed the ignitor and the new one glowed way brighter and would light every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 19degree View Post
    I had the same issue once, replaced the gas valve and have never been back to customers house for no heat. I was getting 3.4 something wc on original and the new one 3.53 wc
    That and the pressure switch, I never figured out if it was actually heating the Ignitor when you came back or just sitting with the Induction fan running, if no close on pressure switch ...will sit forever with nothing else happening.

I've ran into the same thing, and found the igniter had been replaced previously with a glow-fly. It worked for a few weeks then stopped lighting, the glow fly are a little shorter and it wasnt directly in front of the burners.

I have not experienced much Amana heaters but a white Rodgers board through my mind around like a wet limp flower one day on a call. The board monitored voltage to the igniter and sensed the rectification off the flame as any ignition control does; however, it lowers the voltage by one volt to the silicon carbide upon a call for heat until it doesn't light or proves one failed ignition. It constantly monitors the flame voltage and makes adjustments over an ignition trial period over two hundred attempts before it settles on an optimization for proper combustion efficiency. Anyhow, to make a long story shortened, you need a specific igniter with this board that can tolerate the voltage drops which ohms out no hire than eighty.

I suppose a regular igniter would work, but it might go through four consecutive failures upon the drop sent from Mr. Rodgers...

If it lites with a "tourch" its the HSI or position there of. Have had 2 this year,both glowed but would not lite. Replaced.,havent heard from!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12