Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i had the same problem on a few 30 ton aaon units... found the problem to be peanut relay #2...... that relay sends power to the condenser coil, which was chattering or sticking... god help those aaon units

What was the outcome? I have multiple stores with various sizes of these things with severel configurations. One thing in common. If its hot inside or in a area, discharge is tripped. With no rhyme or reason. And I'm to logical to believe that.

open run capacitor causing one of the motors to run backwards?? if their single ph motors. ive seen it on a 40 ton voyager before causing the unit to lock out
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Out of ANY units I have ever dealt with AAON units are by far the hardest coils to wash and keep clean.

I have run into this exact issue. It took a fire hose to get those extra thick coils cleaned out properly and I was amazed at the ammount of dirt that we got out compared to a regular garden hose and pressure washer.
    I would bet a paycheck that your coils are plugged in the center. They may look clean, it's very deceiving.
    How did you get a fire hose hooked up. That is exactly what i need on a job with 3 30 ton condensers

Dang didnt realize this tread was so old

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123