Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTU

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Comfort.

Running a fan all the time keeps the air circulating.

This prevents warm spots/cold spots. Also prevents air stratification.
    true, When it gets real hot or real cold, I will run my house fan all the time. My system is a heat pump and it the house just feels better and even tempered.

In an office environment its the same thing.

Post More than you ever wanted to know about V-Belts...

Im just going to throw this out there, but IMHO, if you ask 10 techs about V-Belts (proper sizing, adjustment, tension, etc.) you will most likely get 10 different answers, and in all honesty they are all probably correct. As far as what I do... Replace V-Belt with the appropriate V-Belt that the unit requires (GENERALLY BUT NOT ALWAYS, this is the same size belt you just removed). Dont ever discount the fact that the guy who serviced the piece of equipment prior to you, changed the belt but for whatever reason HE MAY HAVE PUT THE WRONG SIZE BELT ON! So, when replacing a V-Belt, ask yourself some common sense questions like such as: "Does this new belt size seem awfully big or extremely small when compared to the belt that was on the unit?" "Did the belt that was on the unit seem to be the proper belt?" I have found that it is always best to go into a situation (even one that seems as simple as changing a V-Belt) with an open mind, and NEVER underestimate the stupidity or laziness of the person who worked on the piece of equipment before you. Other tips: A new belt should be slightly over-tight as it will stretch with time. If you have no idea what the true belt length should be, spend the extra money on a powertwist link belt (Fenner Drives). Honestly, its a good idea for a service tech to keep a box of A and B sizes on the service truck. They will save your butt on a weekend or when the nearest parts house is hours away. I have attached more information then you will ever want to know about V-Belts and Sheaves as pdf files. This info is from the International Machinists Handbook (19th Addition).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123