Scottsman cu1526ma-1a

Trying to help friend out, its been 6 1/2 years since working on ice machines due to working strictly in the comm/ industrial side. He is asying that his machine is flashing a code of max harvest trying and high discharge temp. I have told him to check his condenser coil first before I head over there tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks

Like we've been saying for all ice machines clean it first; both chemically for scale and physically for water flow issues. Then it could be many things IE water valve seeping by all the time, low refrig charge etc.

Watch it cycle. If it's taking to long to freeze. You should be able to figure out what's causing it not to freeze. Step 1 Is the compressor running? Step 2 is the water pump running? Step 3 is the water inlet solenoid leaking by? Step 4 is ice forming on the plate (is ice formation uniform)? If no/non uniform ice look into refrigeration system. If ice...why isn't it going into harvest? Ice thickness? Ask yourself questions and you'll get to the bottom of it

Sent from my amazing 4G device

The CU1526 is a small, undercounter machine which makes ice similar to a Manitowoc with a vertical evaporator grid and an ice thickness sensor. It also has a harvest assist solenoid which pushes the slab out of the grid, rather like an Ice-O-Matic.

If the harvest time exceeds 3.5 minutes, the machine will shut down for 50 minutes and attempt another cycle a couple of times before finally shutting down on an excessive freeze time error.

As mentioned, the problem could be the machine simply needs to be cleaned. Otherwise, I'd look for ice too thin, ice too thick, harvest assist solenoid issues, failing evaporator plating, grid/tube separation, etc.

Here's the service manual for that machine, in case you don't already have it:

http://www.scotsman-ice.com/docs/upl...030service.pdf

The condenser fans blow through the condenser (see page 58 of above service manual). Take off bin, remove fan motor, and brush/blow out coil.

There is a water restrictor in the hose up by the water dist. tube. You will feel something hard in the hose. Do not jam a brush in there or you will turn the restrictor sideways (at least I did) and it is quite difficult to straighten up.

Machine has a float also.

Thank you guys, I was not able to make it to his house so it looks like it will happen this weekend.