Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is this possible with the Infinity thermostat....read this about some other thermostat on another post:

"1. Ability to set entire day by RH%, ignore temperature"

I have my Infinity set to Comfort mode and R.H. 50%, but doesn't only the indoor temp control whether the a/c comes on or not. If not, how do you set it to run just on humidity and not temp? Thanks
    George
    p.s. how do i know i have the new upgraded software Infinity thermostat(something about numbers?)

[Edited by geoss54 on 06-15-2006 at 11:50 AM]

Whether you have the latest software or not really makes no difference. The latest software was written for the new line of equipment that came out in January. If you have the older eqipment, the older software is correct ane the new will not do anything else for you.

While the stat does not have a "humidity" only setting, it does have the ability to bring the system on when it needs to to de-humidify if there is not a call for cooling. This is on by default. It looks at several different paramaters when doing this. One is that the cooling must be turned on. Another is that it will only perform this function if the temperature in the space is no more than 3 degrees cooler than the setpoint. In other words, it the set point is set real high or if cooling is turned off, this will not work.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

I do have the new equipment. I have the Cool set at 79 degrees.prob. too high?.How can I check if it is the latest software(thermostat?) Thanks
    George

You would have to physically remove it from the wall and look at the back, I do not recommend you do this. The new stats are all that have been available from Carrier for months and should be what you have. Do you have a communicating outdoor unit, a Performance series? If it is a non-communicating outdoor unit, it does not matter which control you have.

The firmware revision is available on one of the setup menus. No need to take it off the wall which you have to do very carefully.

Originally posted by keepitsimplestupid
    The firmware revision is available on one of the setup menus. No need to take it off the wall which you have to do very carefully.
    That is true, however it is an area that shold only be accessed by qualified techncians, not someone who could accidentially make a change that could adversely effect the operation of the system.

It is a communicating outdoor unit.........It says on the thermostat in one of the screens

software version: CESR131339-10

That's the latest version.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Let me ask a question:

In the modern world, it would seem that one could re-flash the Infinity control with a new version of it's software, or for that matter take the non-zone model and re-flash it with the zone model code or replace x chip.

Are any of these operations possible?

[Edited by keepitsimplestupid on 06-15-2006 at 11:06 PM]

As always, everyone so helpful. Thanks, again!
    George

No. Firmware upgrades are not available. I'm sure that it's possible at the factory for changes while testing, but not at the distributor or field level. You got what you got.

I'm kind of surprised that there's no capability for firmware upgrades in the field. I wonder if that will suddenly change if Carrier ever finds themselves with a serious firmware bug in the field? It seems more likely to me that the firmware IS field-upgradable, they just don't use or acknowledge the capability is there. It would be silly for a system so otherwise forward-looking to not have that capability - a field bulletin and one "laptop interface module" per shop would be much cheaper for them than a large-scale equipment swapout.

Hmm...

Let's see. Train every dealer to flash firmware. Require them to purchase a laptop and software. Provide tech support for the software interface.

-or-

Warranty exchange defective components if it is required.

I'm pretty sure it would be much cheaper and simpler to warranty exchange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast