Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    18 years in the trade started as a helper at age 27 worked on everything from res, com, indust, now i am a Forman running large jobs like Daytona International Speedway in 06 and The new Florida Hospital in Ormond Beach Fl some jobs where mech and sheet metal clean rooms kitchens operation rooms and so on . So Im a jack of trades in this industry but master of none I have ran a max of 54 employees 32 on average in a long duration job . Currently not a lot of work if I had the right offer I would leave florida but a friend told me a long time ago to grab one thing and become the best you can at it and it will pay off

Had my CFC cert at 16, but wanted to be a diesel mechanic... the last semester of high school I took a service apprentice job, the day I turned 18 I was in my own van running calls, at the age of 26 I went commercial/industrial for Trane. Working on 15 yrs of service, man what a ride
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Started at the age of 24, been doing this for 15 years now. Got started in the industry while trying to help a buddy when his employee failed to show up for a couple days and we were trying to leave on snowmobile trip. Within three weeks of coming back from the trip I was on my own in a van and on call. OTJ training the only way to go.

I quickly learned I hate being on call.

20 on a very limited basis. I started as a full time occupation at 25. (after serving 7 years)

I'm working in the field on a limited basis as well, currently 21 years old.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

I started at 19 years old working for a heating company that owned apartments all over town. I was the maintenance guy, when I had nothing to do I would help the heating company. Then I spent a good year helping on installs, a good 6 months being the duct cleaning idiot. Somewhere in between I was a "service tech" but that stopped letting me do AC cleanings because I over charged a unit and wasn't even supposed to be touching refrigerant. Then after duct cleaning I became a service tech again. I am 29 now. I love my job. Learn something new every day. I need to start making more money though. I have also been thinking about going to Hudson Valley Community College for their HVAC program.... So far everything I learned has been from hands on, now I think it is time to learn some text book stuff. I think this will make me one of the best HVAC techs out there....

Tony Stone
    Please excuse my brevity, sent from a piss poor quality mobile "operating system", aka "Android". TapaTalk application is okay I guess...
    Tony Stone

Started in 1963--retired in 2010,,,,,,,,,,still working nearly every day. As long as the phone rings and the body doesn't give up, I'll keep doing it. People that retire and do nothing die.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

I was born into it...My Dad started the company,I have always worked in HVACR,still do. Dad still works every day @ 72yo. Now my Son runs it...

started school at 23. first job as a gopher at 24-25.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

I was 19 & got paid peanuts to be a helper to an install/service guy. I hated install but was very interested in the service side so it didn't take long before i signed up for a 4 yr night school for hvac while working days. First year of school was a drag with an instructor who was a nice guy but sucked at teaching. First 2 weeks of year 2 i grasped so much about basic controls including basic refer controls . . My career took off & I've been addicted to hvacr ever since. Ill be 33 in a few weeks & couldn't ever imagine doing anything else .... Unless i hit the lottery. Lol

Started in June, 1999 at age 37. Had a lot of mechanical, electrical experience maintaining and operating carwashes and convenience stores for oil company in the region. After a brief stint in construction as a painter and laborer, was recommended by a friend to one of the commercial HVAC companies in the area. Now at age 50, and after two lay-offs the past two years, now doing residential install and service work. I like the diversity, being able to works with my hands, and problem solving. But, there is always something new to learn in this field as I see that almost every week I'm out there.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Started at 6 years old working for my dads company in the summers, im 22 now. Hated it for a long time, didnt know what i was doing and my dad was real hard on me. Worked till 11 o clock at night sometimes and sweat my little ass off. Now that im grown up i wouldnt trade it for the world. Leaps and bounds above 95% people my age as far as general experience with everything and a knowledge base that you cant get from schooling. And now i realize my father was only making me be the best i can be and teaching me the right way. I would be nothing without my dad and i thank the Lord for blessing me with the best one there is. Get offers all the time from the big comanys that would pay twice as much, would never even consider going.
    I just moved to Africa to help with an organization over here for a couple years, but i plan to get my contractors license when i get back and eventually take over the business.

At 17 my step dad was a master plumber and he needed a hand for a few weeks, well I'm 25 and it's been more than a few weeks, now im a service tech and lead installer, on call every other damn week. Just like kht 48 I was put in a van and sent out on no heats, barely knew what a meter was lol.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast