Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 119
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    Am I the only guy starting at over 30?
    Nope, I just turned 31. Formally employed before IT crash and companies started outsourcing to India.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    40
    I'll be 30 exactly by the time i start as well. Better late than never!

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    1,330
    I was 18.. I am now 50 .....OMG Really

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    central Florida
    Posts
    154
    I was 26 divorced.My cousin said I needed a trade/skill to support my kids(single dad).Went to school still not sure if I could do it but the more I learned the more
    I loved it.Eventually got on with service company.I love this trade it has done a lot for me and my family.Anyway between school and now I have been in the trade 12 years.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    central Florida
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    Am I the only guy starting at over 30?
    No I am 41

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Starting now, at the age of 22.

    Not necessarily looking to make a career out of this or become an expert but just trying to learn some basics.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by heatkaft View Post
    Starting now, at the age of 22.

    Not necessarily looking to make a career out of this or become an expert but just trying to learn some basics.


    What exactly is your goal?
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    What exactly is your goal?
    Understand the basics of how refrigeration works for walk-in coolers (selecting right equipment for various sizes and different temperatures, basic troubleshooting with our customers, etc.)

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by heatkaft View Post
    Understand the basics of how refrigeration works for walk-in coolers (selecting right equipment for various sizes and different temperatures, basic troubleshooting with our customers, etc.)


    Why the effort if you don't plan on making it a career? You can learn basic principles in online searches.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    Why the effort if you don't plan on making it a career? You can learn basic principles in online searches.
    Well, I don't know exactly how long I will be working here but it will definitely be for at least a couple years so I might as well learn what I can. I don't know exactly how much of a resource this website can be to me especially since I can't see the educational forums yet...but I might as well try.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by heatkaft View Post
    Well, I don't know exactly how long I will be working here but it will definitely be for at least a couple years so I might as well learn what I can. I don't know exactly how much of a resource this website can be to me especially since I can't see the educational forums yet...but I might as well try.

    The pro area is an excellent tool, Get the post count up and apply. The knowledge on this site is amazing. You'll learn plenty by just reading.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    860
    I started a community college HVACR course at 43 years of age after I retired from the military. I repaired data encryption equipment in the military.
    Went to work in the HVAC trade before I turned 44. Starting my 8th cooling season.
    How time flys when you're having fun.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    The pro area is an excellent tool, Get the post count up and apply. The knowledge on this site is amazing. You'll learn plenty by just reading.
    Thanks, I'm sure this will be an extremely valuable source in teaching me about refrigeration!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event