Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My inducer sounds a little squirrly!

One of my guys swapping out a furnace pulled the flue of to find this!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Was it dead? Seems a little fat to be dead.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Yes it was dead but fresh. Had to work the inducer and pull like hell to get him out.

I think it's looking for his nuts..

just how did it get there?
    was there a flue attached?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

It had a flue liner with no cap so i can only assume. Seems a squirrel could climb a liner though

furnace wasn't condemned for this reason, was it?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Burnt inducer and 3 cracks. The infamous 9-11 year old bryant builders model!

I had a service call a few years ago, where I found the same thing, squirrel in the inducer. Funny part is a week later, I pulled an inducer off a 90+ furnace and found a bird in it. Kinda like finding the squashed bug in the contactor.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Its pretty notorious around my parts to find birds in 90's when the flue is sidewall terminated straight out with no 45 or 90 on it.(usually up high)

This could possibly be the best board on the net! One time we got a call for no heat on a gas furnace. Diagnostic code indicated a problem with the pressure switch. Heard the inducer motor going out on thermal. Tried to free it up and saw a ton of stinkbugs crawling up the vent pipe. Looked like somethin out of a horror movie!

One way in, No way out
    http://youtu.be/pWN5z7jsjEo
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I had call like that years ago. Went to a house for a bad odor in a residence, when I entered the mechanical closet, I could smell combustion by products and what smelled like death. The water heater was spilling flue gas. Pulled the flue found a squirrel dead and bloated and stuck in the flue. The entire family was watching as I pulled the flue off and proceeded to grab the leg with a pair of pliers, don't you know the leg ripped off. Needless to say the family left. He was bloated so bad it took a real effort to get it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast