+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum setup

Post Likes
    The JB pump has an isolation valve right on it, turn the knob 45* and it's blanked off.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Post Likes
    Lots of good ideas with this thread, and lots of things I'd like to try. To be honest, I usually just evacuate right through my gauges and right through the cores though, just because I'm in a hurry and also when I know the system should be fairly good (i.e. little or no exposure, same day service, no burnout, etc.)

Post Likes
    Here is my question. When you go to put the schraders back into the service ports using the VCRT how do you keep that small amount of air from entering the sytem?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    Here is my question. When you go to put the schraders back into the service ports using the VCRT how do you keep that small amount of air from entering the sytem?
    Charge the system first.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Charge the system first.
    Facepalm

Post Likes
    Here is my setup

Post Likes

Thanks

Thanks to all you guys that took the time to post your setups! Mine is just like JTCHVAC, except I need to put a blank off valve on the pump. I do however wonder about the tightness of all the CRT's and blank off valve. I know I had a cheaper CRT once that I originally bought to change bad cores on pressurerised systems that I know would not hold a 500 micron vacuum. let alone 300 which I really like to pull to. May try AIRESEARCH idea without CRT, but where do you put micron gauge (I guess a tee in line but another leak point?)

Post Likes
    I'll be switching mine up a bit. Will post when I get more chances to do so
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Post Likes
    The carpenter , You could install the micron gauge near the equipment with a brass tee and a short hose or coupler.

If you keep up with the gaskets in your hoses and snug everything down , the setup is capable of holding less than 200 microns.

That is without any type of sealant.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thecarpenter View Post
    Thanks to all you guys that took the time to post your setups! Mine is just like JTCHVAC, except I need to put a blank off valve on the pump. I do however wonder about the tightness of all the CRT's and blank off valve. I know I had a cheaper CRT once that I originally bought to change bad cores on pressurerised systems that I know would not hold a 500 micron vacuum. let alone 300 which I really like to pull to. May try AIRESEARCH idea without CRT, but where do you put micron gauge (I guess a tee in line but another leak point?)
    Appion CRT is rated at 20 microns. This also gives you a port for your micron gauge.

HTH
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    We get a lot of questions on the how to and what do I need to perform a proper evacuation. I put together this piece to better explain the process and the tools required.

http://www.trutechtools.com/Vacuum-Training_c_1100.html
    JLB,

Post Likes

Thank You !

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    We get a lot of questions on the how to and what do I need to perform a proper evacuation. I put together this piece to better explain the process and the tools required.

Very nice description.
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post

I get about 5 sec. of that link before it goes to the Categories. I'm using an iPhone. What's up with that?

Post Likes
    I just watch some Yellow Jacket videos and they use their crt when using their vacuum setup

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mh heating View Post
    I just watch some Yellow Jacket videos and they use their crt when using their vacuum setup
    I haven't actually seen the appoin in person. I'd like to know what construction is different than YJ. I have no problem pulling well below 500, heck just last Thursday I pulled down to 180 or so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I get about 5 sec. of that link before it goes to the Categories. I'm using an iPhone. What's up with that?
    It is detecting your i phone browser and going to a I phone friendly version of our site. You can shut that off at the bottom of the page, or navigate there through the categories. It is under vacuum, vacuum training.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I haven't actually seen the appoin in person. I'd like to know what construction is different than YJ. I have no problem pulling well below 500, heck just last Thursday I pulled down to 180 or so.
    The only difference that I know of is that it has double "O" rings. Seems to make a better seal. I have my YJ & also 2 Appion CRT's I feel more confident with the Appion than I do the YJ.

Sometime just doing what makes you feel is the best job is what it takes.

I have not tried to pull a vacuum with my YJ in a few years. They may work, they may not. But Appion is actually rated for 20 microns. I have yet to see where YJ will state what their CRT is rated for (in microns).

So- OK it just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling to use the Appion.

Hope that answers your question.

Post Likes
    Just not sure what double o-rings means. Where do they seat on the flared fittings?

Post Likes
    Those appion crt's are the cats pajamas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in