+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble with input board

Post Likes
    I was cleaning my racks today and got water into the suction transducer. That made the 16 AI board go off line and back on-line several times. I did unplug and blow dry, all ran well but my question is how do i figure which board is my trouble board? I mean i had three 16 AI in one cabinet and really couldnt determione which board was for which rack.

Post Likes
    It sounds like a CPC

The alarm screen should've anounced which one was failing.
    Also you could go to configuration/I.O. status and watch to see if they are staying on line.

Post Likes
    board 1 usually carries the transducers see if they marked it with a pen

then get it the program and make sure the suction transducers is landed on that board you will see
    something like 1-03 thats where its landed on the board
    board 1 point 3
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Post Likes
    Well, before we jump to conclusions. What manufactorer and model of controller are you dealing with??

I've done the exact same thing to a transducer, and it needed replacement. Fortunately, I don't believe transducers with harness connectors are used on new equipment any longer. (for this reason, partially.)

Post Likes
    If this is in fact a CPC system, here's a few clues:

Look at the input boards and see which one has wire(s) connected to the 5 or 12vdc power output plug. Rule of thumb - if the transducer has a plug on top, it's 5vdc. If it wires straight in, it's 12vdc.

The input board power regulator, when shorted with the water, affected the 12vdc communications circuit, too. 99% of the time drying things out will fix the problem. I suggest checking the transducer in a few days if it is the 5vdc model. If there was still moisture down in the pin holes for the plug, it will eventually corrode and lose contact. This usually happens around 2 am on a Sunday morning in my experience.

CPCGuy.

Post Likes
    welcome aboard cpcguy
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in