Large size schrader core

Does anyone recognize this style of access fitting? The brass hex is threaded into the round brass body. The shredder core inside is larger than the industry standard schrader core so can not remove core with standard tool like normal cores. A standard 1/4 service hose fits the 1/4 flare and also depresses the core ~~~ you just can not remove or tighten the larger core. This is on a 2 ton McQuay WSHP. Have also seen on Carrier RTU 5 years ago. Anybody know the brand name or any other info. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thanks for the internet link. This is what I have on the McQuay. It has been difficult to get McQuay tech support to call me back. Now I know precisely what I am working with and can go about sourcing a schrader removal tool. When I first seen this on a Carrier, I thought it was probably something that was beneficial to the manufacturer's evacuate and charge process. Now I know~five years later. lol.

save yourself some cash & just install a sweat on piercing valve.
    i have several of the factory tools for the fastaccess valves &
    they are pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    save yourself some cash & just install a sweat on piercing valve.
    i have several of the factory tools for the fastaccess valves &
    they are pretty pricey.
    The core removal tool is expensive you are right about that but the high flow schrader does serve a purpose as to help speed up the servicing process of the machine. If the core needs to be changed out on a small system like that recovering the charge and using a small cresson wrench will do the job.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thankfully the ones I've seen in also have service valves at the compressor and receiver tank.

So with the tool they show does it remove the core or just push it farther in?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Thankfully the ones I've seen in also have service valves at the compressor and receiver tank.

So with the tool they show does it remove the core or just push it farther in?
    No the tool is about the size of a 3/4" ball valve.
    UA 100