Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I will replace the filters. Check safeties. Replace the henry oil level cannister. Replace compressor .Check superheat on each coil and at the compressors. I guess I will have to babysit the old thing a couple days. Thanks

In a freezer, you should be looking at like 6 deg S/H leaving your evaps.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioTech
    I will replace the filters. Check safeties. Replace the henry oil level cannister. Replace compressor .Check superheat on each coil and at the compressors. I guess I will have to babysit the old thing a couple days. Thanks
    It may not be necessary to completely replace the oil separator.

You will have to see what type it is (helical or conventional). Helicals don't need to be replaced as there really isn't anything that can go wrong with the separation mechanism. There IS, however, a float in the bottom of it that is probably plugged up.

At compressor start up I always engage the new contactors, when wiring not connected to the compressor. I allow the oil safety to time out. To confirm operation. I appreciate the help. I just have not worked much with the low temp and R507. Thanks

It could be a wet suction issue, he said there was an accumulator..

Is it large enough for two 6 cyl semi's?

Im thinking lubrication prob from oil float or associated component or line.

He didnt say how nice or clean the condensing unit is, many times, if it caked in oil and grease on the outside, there is sludge and varnish and carbon and sticky parts on the inside.

I dont think he is replacing the oil separator, just the oil level control on the compressor.

The cannister I am talking about is on the side of each compressor. It has a sight glass and an adjustment to control the oil level. It mounts on the compressor where there is normally a sight glass. The seperator feeds both of the Henry cannister/level controls. There is no oil equalizer line as would be normal in an a/c application. I may not be using the correct terminology for this cannister/level control.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioTech
    The cannister I am talking about is on the side of each compressor. It has a sight glass and an adjustment to control the oil level. It mounts on the compressor where there is normally a sight glass. The seperator feeds both of the Henry cannister/level controls. There is no oil equalizer line as would be normal in an a/c application. I may not be using the correct terminology for this cannister/level control.
    A full examination of the oil system is in order.

Oil level controls, oil separator, oil reservoir pressure.

If you've got as bad a system as you say, I'd replace them, but wait a bit and do it after you've got things cleaned up a bit so you don't have to replace them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Copeland says no more that 20 degrees SH at the compressor.
    I know you meant to say, "...no less than 20F SH...".

The condensers looked clean. It is mounted right above the "shack" the compressors are in. Some genius mounted them there so its like working on an airplane with the props running. I did notice that the condenser fans were running when the unit was in defrost. As I said before, I have not got into it much at this point. Just following up on a recent instll and trying to solve the issue. Thanks Guys

No less than 20 degrees superheat? So like 10-15 Just want to make sure on the same page

20-25 puts you in the Gold Zone.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

I am getting replies from all of you so fast I am falling behind on your replies. I noticed someone said 6 degrees of superheat on the evaps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast