Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    They all proudly proclaim that they're christian owned/run/whatever, but it's just a marketing gimmick.
    I had never heard of this, especially around our area. The only way I know, due to me working for at least 3 Jewish owners and a lot more I know through word of mouth. If someone gets fooled by that cross they might advertise, than let them be the fools but I'm also an atheist.
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Hey guys... this is not ARP.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb25 View Post
    BTW I just let my service manager know that I am taking the NATE exams in June and he said "good luck"! Thanks alot!
    What'd you expect, for him to cup your @#$%& and tell you how great you are? I hope you said thanks, lol

I took the UA star several years ago. When I told my supervisor that I passed, he shook my hand, but looked at me with a "WTF?" expression. He said "Good for you. No one cares. Get back to work"

My apologies to Dad for de-railing the topic into ARP land.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

He said "Good for you. No one cares. Get back to work"
    No way

He absolutely did. And he's one of the most straight up, cool, and all-around best supervisors I have ever worked for. I still talk to the guy frequently, even though we haven't worked together in several years. Everybody that worked at that company at that time had relationships of mutual respect and trust.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

What'd you expect, for him to cup your @#$%& and tell you how great you are? I hope you said thanks, lol

I took the UA star several years ago. When I told my supervisor that I passed, he shook my hand, but looked at me with a "WTF?" expression. He said "Good for you. No one cares. Get back to work"

My apologies to Dad for de-railing the topic into ARP land.
    When I told him that I was taking the exams I was kinda trying to see if they would be willing to pay for them, I certainly don't care about a pat on the back, they dont put food on the table. I think an hvac employer should at least pay for some training or certifications.

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    In that case, is the $170 per hour rate you quoted the company flat rate labor rate, or an invoiced labor rate?

$170 for one tech, or a tech and helper?

Another question comes to mind with the union, non-union discussion.

Which one is REALLY cheaper? The non-union shop who sends ONE guy out who can take care of piping, wiring, and sheetmetal work on the same job....or the union shop that has to send out three different guys for the same job....even though the hourly rate per man is lower?
    Not so much any more. The unions are in competition with each other. Those days are over. It is acceptable to do both piping and sheet metal, and then run some wire. I hold several licences that would let me do it all.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123