Need Info on LENNOX GH19 Eq.

Need Info on LENNOX GH19 Eq.

I have a customer with a toy home about 4 hrs from me. The started construction in 1990 on this home and quit around 1995.

The indoor equipment was purchased and installed in 1993. The customer is now trying to finish this home so they can sell it.

The indoor equipment is made by lennox. Numbers are

Unit 1

Gas Furnace
    MOD: GH19P3-50
    SER: 4693B02503

COIL
    MOD: CH16-21-1FF
    SER: 5193D61584

Unit 2

Gas Furnace
    MOD: GH19P4-5-125
    SER: 4693D02302

COIL
    MOD: CH20-65-1
    SER: 5193C80356

So it looks as if the equipment was made in 1993 and the coil for unit 1 is most likely to small for the furnace. That is about all I can tell from a nomenclature decoder I found. I am looking wiring diagrams and or installation manuals for this equipment. I cannot find much on the web about this equipment the customer is telling me its 2-Stage equipment. I would like to match it with 2 newer condensers but would like to look over the manuals before driving 8hours round trip just to go look at the equipment.

If any one has the manuals or any info for this equipment please share.

Thanks
    Sam

That's a weird model #. American? The serial number says it was made in Ducane's factory so may not even be a Lennox. The #1 coil looks like a 1.5 ton which may not be out of line for a space with a 50K furnace.

You could likely get by with a couple of dry units charged with 22 but I wouldn't take 2 units out based on the size of the evap in there. The PROPER way to size a unit is with a Manual J. Somebody who buys the joint will have to live with your workmanship for a while though a 13 SEER outdoor unit on those coils may not have the greatest lifespan.

I just found another thread, the folks talking said the GH units was not made by linux it was just a re-badge.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You could likely get by with a couple of dry units charged with 22 but I wouldn't take 2 units out based on the size of the evap in there. The PROPER way to size a unit is with a Manual J. Somebody who buys the joint will have to live with your workmanship for a while though a 13 SEER outdoor unit on those coils may not have the greatest lifespan.
    Sorry if I presented this in a way that you perceived that I was asking how to size the equipment when in-fact I was not.

I am just asking for electrical data for the units to see how the two speed operation works, I don't work on many lennox units. The most I see of them is when I pull them out and hall them to the scrap yard. Right after I pull them out I stick a American Standard in its place!

Check your email.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Check your email.
    Thanks, I see nothing special with this diagram looks like a standard multi-speed unit. If any thing the condenser they planned on putting in may have had 2 stages.

looks like I will be putting in a couple of Aire-Flo units.

Thanks
    Sam

gh19 was a single stage 80% furnace, rebadged unit made for lennox.

are the heaters new never fired?

if they have been used 19 years just never had the a/c installed i would take a good look at the heat exchangers, they were junk.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    gh19 was a single stage 80% furnace, rebadged unit made for lennox.

are the heaters new never fired?

if they have been used 19 years just never had the a/c installed i would take a good look at the heat exchangers, they were junk.
    They have never been fired up, its just air handlers, coils, and duct work sitting there in the attic. I need to run stat wire, tubing and set the outdoor units check and balance with the flow hood. The only bad thing is the home has been open with windows and doors only all this time.

A few things have changed in the 19 years that has past. The customer had poly spray foam put in the walls before they sheet-rocked last year. The windows and doors will be upgraded in the coming months. The home will need to be recalculated to ensure proper load conditions. And hopefully the equipment has not rotted away over the past two decades.

I wish they would have called us last year before all the sheet-rock went up. If we need to change any of this stuff in the attic some sheet-rock will need to come out.

Sam