Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Disassembly of Large Gas Deck Ovens

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a used gas Deck Oven. Got it for a great price with a bunch of other equipment.

Now the fun part, I have to take the oven apart to fit it through a 1 meter door. I have made inquiries into a technical manual but apparently Miwe don't publish one. As far as I know these ovens use a steam pipe circuit to circulate heat from the burner, I assume this is a closed system. We have 3-5 days to get it taken apart and packed up for transport, we will have access to a genie lift but no forklift due to the door width.

Does anyone here work on gas/oil deck ovens, I'd greatly appreciate any insight into what is involved in disassembly. It's very difficult to find any info out there about ovens like this so any help would be brilliant.

Thanks,
    AdamName:  miwe 2.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  46.4 KBName:  miwe.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  53.4 KBName:  20170102_111543.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  55.0 KB

Post Likes
    HoLeeCaw! You have yourself a project there, son.

I'm betting you are under 35 years old, as none of us old folks would even attempt this.

I'm guessing none of the regulars here have gotten near anything like this. Or the brand.

Being honest, I would be looking at opening the door framing / knocking out the outside wall and making repairs before dissasembling this beast.

Don't forget to snag the roof exhuast fan and piping, too.

Please take photos of whatever you do. If you're near Savannah, I'll come help ya.

Post Likes
    Yep I'm 22 haha, hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I'm setting up a Bakery on a budget so needs must.

It's in Germany so I'll be loading it all into a shipping container to bring it back to Ireland.

Sadly the building is a block build so I won't be knocking down any walls. It was installed in parts so it'll have to come out the same way.

I'll need plenty of photos to remind me how to reassemble it when it arrives in Ireland!

Post Likes
    Doing something like this can be very risky, Unless you know or have a parts manual to help you get it back together, I would not take it apart, or you can take pictures of every single thing before and after and you might get there.

Like BadBozo said, you must be young... like me I would probably do it with or without a parts manual if it came down to it just because I don't need to sleep anyways and it would probably take me a while.

I was thinking you should just knock down the wall and then saw your post... I would still knock down the wall Ill bet you the wall is cheaper to fix than the oven if something went wrong, especially if its out of country or the parts are not made anymore or things like that, I would consider before getting into it.

Sounds like fun otherwise. A plasma cutter sure would help you get it out the door pretty quick

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    Doing something like this can be very risky, Unless you know or have a parts manual to help you get it back together, I would not take it apart, or you can take pictures of every single thing before and after and you might get there.

Like BadBozo said, you must be young... like me I would probably do it with or without a parts manual if it came down to it just because I don't need to sleep anyways and it would probably take me a while.

I was thinking you should just knock down the wall and then saw your post... I would still knock down the wall Ill bet you the wall is cheaper to fix than the oven if something went wrong, especially if its out of country or the parts are not made anymore or things like that, I would consider before getting into it.

Sounds like fun otherwise. A plasma cutter sure would help you get it out the door pretty quick
    I'm not knocking down the damn wall Ferry is booked, shipping container drop is scheduled and my van is packed so I'll just have to take lots of pictures and pray...

Post Likes
    There are Two Miwe Condos in my area that I know of. Servicing them isn't too bad but I hope I'm never asked to disassemble them and move them!!

You must be getting a screaming deal on the oven. The shipping alone sounds expensive.

I was consulted to move a Picard revolving oven once. It didn't end up happening, thank god.
    Last edited by VanMan812; 01-28-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: I wasn't done!

Post Likes
    So here's a short update.

The oven came apart with no major issues, the decks weighed at least 300kg so it was a pain to lift them down but it all worked out. The oven is now in our new bakery in Ireland waiting to be rebuilt as I prepare the air feed, gas feed, water feed and waste pipe for it.

It took seven 12 hour days to get it apart and packed into the shipping container, not sure I would do it again!

Name:  DSC_1188.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  86.2 KBName:  20170206_113533.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  53.4 KBName:  20170131_182835.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.7 KB

Post Likes
    You get an attaboy for sure! That looks like a ton of hard work. I hope you are getting a bonus for all your hard work!!

9. Likes Ga-HVAC-tech liked this post
    Dislikes Poolbreak disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    You get an attaboy for sure! That looks like a ton of hard work. I hope you are getting a bonus for all your hard work!!
    It is for the company he owns (as opposed to contracted for others)...

Like the rest of us self employed's...
    It was necessary... so we:
    Just Do It...
    [Grin]
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Haha, attaboy! Fine you win! the wall stands and you got it out!

12. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for sharing.

N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Post Likes
    Nice to see a followup. Hope the install and re-fire goes well!

Post Likes
    nice! awesome ovens!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast