Post Likes

Confused Hobart c44A Continuous Draining

Hi Guys

Unit starts fine, washes(no water coming out of drain at this point); Starts Rinse, now its draining through both the wash drain AND the rinse drain.

Machine is set on manual operation. Rinse cycle does not stop until switched off manually and it keeps draining from both tanks.

How the heck is it draining from the wash tank drain when the drain tube is sealed shut???

Turn off the machine, and all draining stops.

Turn it back on and rinse is not running until the dishes get to that point. Once one tray goes thru, rinse is stuck open.

If its the rinse solenoid, then it should be rinsing as soon as I turn the wash cycle on, but it does not.

Post Likes
    If you are referring to water draining from the main drain while rinse is on, that is normal. The fresh water rinse will overflow the drain overflow tube in the wash tank. This also dilutes the wash tank water and adds heated water as it is cycling.

The issue with the rinse remaining on will be a reed switch maintaining its closed position, passing power to the rinse solenoid. If the rack leaves the machine and the rinse remains on, check the magnet bracket at the rinse side and make sure it is swinging freely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    If you are referring to water draining from the main drain while rinse is on, that is normal. The fresh water rinse will overflow the drain overflow tube in the wash tank. This also dilutes the wash tank water and adds heated water as it is cycling.

The issue with the rinse remaining on will be a reed switch maintaining its closed position, passing power to the rinse solenoid. If the rack leaves the machine and the rinse remains on, check the magnet bracket at the rinse side and make sure it is swinging freely.

Yes sir. thank you, i understand now.

so yes, the rinse remains on and the pump and conveyor also remain on even after the rack is pulled out completely.

Exactly where would this magnet bracket and reed switch be located? I couldn't see any components on the inside of the rinse side.

Post Likes
    It should be inside the door to the rinse side. Reach just under the conveyor frame on the door side, there should be a weighted system with a magnet on the bottom. You can also remove the front metal cover, behind the main front panel, and find the reed switch. The magnet bracket will be on the inside of the machine in line with that switch.

Also, I can't recall off top of my head, but the rinse may stay on after it is engaged while in manual mode. I would need a wiring diagram to really know for sure.

Post Likes
    Also, keep in mind that it is set to manual. I am not sure if it is supposed to stop automatically in manual mode when no dishes are going thru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
    Also, keep in mind that it is set to manual. I am not sure if it is supposed to stop automatically in manual mode when no dishes are going thru.
    I just looked at a wiring diagram, and it appears that the manual/auto switch does not affect the final rinse when the machine is operating.

There are only two switches (per the schematic) that can cycles the final rinse solenoid while the machine is on, that's the 4CR relay and the magnetic reed switch.

If the magnetic reed switch is open, or the machine times out (when in auto mode), the rinse solenoid should close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    I just looked at a wiring diagram, and it appears that the manual/auto switch does not affect the final rinse when the machine is operating.

There are only two switches (per the schematic) that can cycles the final rinse solenoid while the machine is on, that's the 4CR relay and the magnetic reed switch.

If the magnetic reed switch is open, or the machine times out (when in auto mode), the rinse solenoid should close.

Thank you so much.

Just one more question: In manual mode, the conveyor and pump is supposed to run until switched off? I thought once the tray is completely out of the rinse side, that the unit operation should stop but this particular unit does not stop.

Post Likes
    I will report back as soon as I am done with this job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
    Thank you so much.

Just one more question: In manual mode, the conveyor and pump is supposed to run until switched off? I thought once the tray is completely out of the rinse side, that the unit operation should stop but this particular unit does not stop.
    In manual mode the wash pump and conveyor run continuously, nonstop.

In automatic mode, the wash pump and conveyor start when a rack engages the entrance switch, and stays on until the timer cycle ends after the last rack. The machine will shut off shortly after the last rack exits the machine, but it usually a few minutes.

Post Likes
    Hi, it was the timer board up on top in the controls section. Some one had the time set too high. Lowered it and machine stopped 3 secs after last tray comes out. Also rinse lever was gummed up possibly getting stuck, cleaned that too.