Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadHVAC View Post
    This is liquid psi measure off the 3/8 service valve.

It should be noted that when i read pressure from the 3rd port( i don't know what else to call it), I had a negative reading. Could this be from a closed txv, which is shutting off the compressor?

I did not look specifically at the capillary coming from the power element. I assume that by this, you mean the solenoid?
    Might want to read a few recent posts; remembering the highlited statement above.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Wow, I really need to not be posting at 4am.
    Somehow I read the OP as being a 17 year old Goodman 2 speed unit!
    Now I see that it is a 1 year old unit, which is a COMPLETELY different animal than the old mid 90's Goodman 2 speed units, so ignore most of my last reply.

It should be noted that when i read pressure from the 3rd port( i don't know what else to call it), I had a negative reading. Could this be from a closed txv, which is shutting off the compressor?
    Yes, the 3rd port is the true suction pressure for the compressor, and is the same pressure acting on the units low pressure switch.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Thank you all for your help. I feel confident that I will be able to fix their problems upon my next visit. I will have to address the airflow issue but we'll get it done.

I'm very happy how quickly you all responded and how much you were able to help.

I will update this thread after I have been back to this site next week.

Thank you all for your help. I feel confident that I will be able to fix their problems upon my next visit. I will have to address the airflow issue but we'll get it done.

I'm very happy how quickly you all responded and how much you were able to help.

I will update this thread after I have been back to this site next week.
    Get your post count up to 15, and apply for PRO status. If you are a business owner, at 25 posts you can apply for business and marketing status.

If you think H-talk has some cool stuff now... you have not seen anything until you get behind the Pro door...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I returned to the heat pump today and replaced the txv, filter/drier, and contactor(spider problem). After adjusting the spring on the txv, it seems to be working decently. I would say that the problem is solved and I can invoice the client.

The system is not working as well as it should be though. It is a 16 SEER unit and is using a fixed orifice rather than a txv at the evaporator. The furnace is not moving the desired 2000 cfm due to single point entry of return air(on the motor side to make things worse).

That being said, I was hired to fix it. I wasn't hired to point out all the mistakes made by the installer, since he is the one who hired me

Thank you for all your help. I have learned much from this experience.

masumparveg, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ahh, another Goodman lives to see another day. All is right with the world.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12