+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chiller sizing question

Post Likes

Chiller sizing question

Hello guys

I come from a non refrigerating career background so please bear with me if I sound ignorant or stupid. I need to get a chiller for my dry cleaning machine and I'm unable to come to a conclusion on what sizing is best for us. Normally the machine manufacturer will suggest the chiller but I'm not sure if they can suggest the right one because I'm located in place where the average temp is about 100F. The manufacturer and most of their clients are based in countries with cold weather.

The chiller will be used to cool the solvent. Usually the temperature of the solvent when its idle is around 100F(average plant temperature. I have no way to measure the temp of the solvent in the tanks). When the machine runs I want it to be cooled to around 70F. The machine manual says the temp of the chiller water should be between 65-73F. After cooling the water is expelled in a pure state at about 105F.

Please check the attachments. They might aid in a better suggestion.

Thank you,

SS

Post Likes
    I.....personally, am a big fan of the Carrier "Aqua-Snap" hydronic packages, but alas....they start at a nominal 10 tons...Seeing as tho you only need a couple of tons the "Aqua-Snap" package might be a little overkill. I am sure they are several manufacturers that make smaller units, albeit I doubt they will compare to the Carrier packages in any way.
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksilver79 View Post
    Hello guys

I come from a non refrigerating career background so please bear with me if I sound ignorant or stupid. I need to get a chiller for my dry cleaning machine and I'm unable to come to a conclusion on what sizing is best for us. Normally the machine manufacturer will suggest the chiller but I'm not sure if they can suggest the right one because I'm located in place where the average temp is about 100F. The manufacturer and most of their clients are based in countries with cold weather.

The chiller will be used to cool the solvent. Usually the temperature of the solvent when its idle is around 100F(average plant temperature. I have no way to measure the temp of the solvent in the tanks). When the machine runs I want it to be cooled to around 70F. The machine manual says the temp of the chiller water should be between 65-73F. After cooling the water is expelled in a pure state at about 105F.

Please check the attachments. They might aid in a better suggestion.

Thank you,

SS
    Give the boys at Haskris a call. They are great people, as will size the chiller up for you. Our company does there startups and service, very reliable chillers.
    http://www.haskris.com/

Post Likes
    I forgot to add that I'm located in India! Any recommendations on the sizing?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in