Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

would u replace a 2.5 tons compressor with 2 tons?

customer said dont have the money for new one for his 2.5 tons bad compressor,i have a uesd 2 tons compressor in good working condition,both r22 and spec r the same,use 35mf run cap,have anyone done that before?how is comeoput?

Quote Originally Posted by pony View Post
    ,have anyone done that before?how is comeoput?

About 6,000 btu's less. And poor latent removal even with fan speed lowered. I didn't try it; one of my employees did without my knowledge. Guess who had to eat a new cond. unit?

Hey, Pony.

No not a good idea. Not power enough to cool or remove humidity plus too small for home.

thanks a lot,guess have to tell customer either get a new compressor or get burn up in hot weather,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pony View Post
    thanks a lot,guess have to tell customer either get a new compressor or get burn up in hot weather,lol.
    Walmart window unit in the bedroom is your friend. I keep an old one in the garage, same price as putting wifey up in a motel for one night.

Pony, you would be converting your 2.5 ton system to a 2 ton system with a likely higher efficiency. Efficiency is all fine and good, but you gotta have the horses to cool the place.

Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Well I think it depends on the requirements of the home, did the last tech do a good job at sizing the unit...and have there been any improvements to the insulation of the house?

A long time ago I accidentally replaced a 3.5 ton compressor with a 3 ton one, and didn't realize it until I was done and filling out my invoice.

I told the customer about it, and scheduled a time to go back and put the correct one in but it was going to be about a week before our schedules lined up.
    The day before I was to go back out with the right compressor, they canceled because with the "undersize" compressor, the system was keeping the house more comfortable than it had ever been.

A few years later, when they wanted to replace the whole system, we did a detailed load calc and discovered the house really needed a 2.5 ton system!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    A long time ago I accidentally replaced a 3.5 ton compressor with a 3 ton one, and didn't realize it until I was done and filling out my invoice.

I told the customer about it, and scheduled a time to go back and put the correct one in but it was going to be about a week before our schedules lined up.
    The day before I was to go back out with the right compressor, they canceled because with the "undersize" compressor, the system was keeping the house more comfortable than it had ever been.

A few years later, when they wanted to replace the whole system, we did a detailed load calc and discovered the house really needed a 2.5 ton system!
    se see I put it thin in for copreeser an maka me de moonies.
    thnk jou my freind I hav a hep from bored dis one es graet!!

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    You're starting to sound like a real, true-blue racist bigot......What does a person's English have to do with his intelligence or knowledge?

You're disgusting.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    DISLIKE!!!
    Question authority!

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    You're starting to sound like a real, true-blue racist bigot......What does a person's English have to do with his intelligence or knowledge?

You're disgusting.....
    The red flag should go up when he shows up on a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post

You're disgusting.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast