Thread: Ductless splits

Ductless splits

I have a medical facility that I was asked to quote ductless splits for. My question is, what is the general concensus on the quality of the units such as the Mitsubishi, Daikin, LG, etc. I haven't had the best experience with Mitsu tech support when I was working for another HVAC contractor prior to going on my own. Has that changed or can anyone speak to their experience with Mitsubishi? I've installed Mitsu's and Daikin's, haven't put in any LG's. These would be heat pumps, and I would need a system with multiple evaps, similar to the city multi. I'm interested in the opinion of installing techs or engineers who can provide any insight as to whether one brand has any advantages over the other. Thanks for any help.

I usually quote Mitsubishi for single coils, and have not had any issues yet.

my only input is not to use the condensate pump that may come with the unit. They Suck. If you can run gravity or use an external unit that would good

we have been installing the fujitsu units. mostly just single, dual or tripple heads per outdoor unit. easy units to deal with and tech support seemed ok. they are a little cheaper than mitsu's.
    Experience
    Is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

A positive attidude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

I like fujitsu, friedrich and daikin, dont care for mitsubishi.

Concur. Although relatively new to ductless splits, we've installed probably 15-20 Fujitsu's over the last 3 years and have had 0 problems. Never any install problems, never any call back problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodrob View Post
    we have been installing the fujitsu units. mostly just single, dual or tripple heads per outdoor unit. easy units to deal with and tech support seemed ok. they are a little cheaper than mitsu's.

I have had decent response from tech support from Mitsubishi. When it gets hot out it can take a while for them to get back to you. I have had bad luck with getting parts for Sanyo so I stay clear of those. Little exposure to other units.