Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm

Saw this in a new house the other day, apparantly they'll "certify" anyone to buy Gastite now...

Of course, it passed inspection. Lovely!

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Its not pretty but I dont see anything that wouldnt pass inspection on it. Inspectors dont fail ugly. lol
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

inspetors in wis. will not allow any of the stainless pipe showing.

why cut it to the right size when you can just bend the slack?

Not GasTite

Looks Like WardFlex, not GasTite. GasTite has to have the jacket installed in the fitting to get a good seal. WardFlex you cut back the jacket like in the picture. Ugly as heck install though. Why can't they use the manifolds that are made for these types of systems?

Re: Not GasTite

Originally posted by santafetech
    Looks Like WardFlex, not GasTite. GasTite has to have the jacket installed in the fitting to get a good seal. WardFlex you cut back the jacket like in the picture. Ugly as heck install though. Why can't they use the manifolds that are made for these types of systems?

Nah looks more like Trac Pipe, wardflex is more of an orange color..

Re: Not GasTite

I don't agree!!

I've installed tons of Gas-tite and whether the jacket is peeled back or not has nothing to do with the seal. What's important is having a clean end with no burrs. You could install that stuff without the yellow cover on it and it would make no difference in how it seals....think about it.

That looks like (3) 1/2 in lines running off of (1) half inch line. I do not think that there are enough BTU's to get through that even if its LP.

Originally posted by furnacedr
    Where at?The inspectors I have run across in Wi.Will pass some of the most dangerous crap I have ever seen in my life!!
    Take your time & do it right!

He is correct - on the far left is a 1X1X1/2 elbow that stubs into their frankenmanifold.

It'll seal fine with the rubber missing, but it looks like crap, which fits in with this install.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by furnacedr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where at?The inspectors I have run across in Wi.Will pass some of the most dangerous crap I have ever seen in my life!!

Re: Re: Not GasTite

Originally posted by oloenneker

Nah looks more like Trac Pipe, wardflex is more of an orange color..
    Your all wrong, Looks like a bunch of B S to me. And to think, some one "had" to certify them to use that too.
    Pay me now, or Pay me Later,
    Pay me more if you pay me later

What if this is as good as it gets?
    Jump, Tuck, and Roll. WHOOAAAH

Originally posted by mook531
    why cut it to the right size when you can just bend the slack?
    Aww geeeessshhhh. Next yuse guys will want only just enough wiring in an electrical box just to make the connection. He's got the slack in the csst in case the fitting fails. That way he can cut and refit the csst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast