Need to cut into drywall to access unit ?

I bought a new condo last year. The HVAC unit is dry walled in, except for the a panel door that opens that allows you to change filter. It also has a green light that you can see.

The problem is that the unit only cools for a while and then the AC no longer works. The green light flashes on unit. To get it working again you have to power off/on whole unit from house fuse box. I don't think there is a problem with the remote thermostat.

Now I have no idea what is wrong, but the problem seems to be happening more frequently.

Am I going to have to get drywall cut in order for service man to look at it ?

You can do more damage to your unit by allowing it to run like that.

I would strongly recommend someone that is trained and licensed to deal with that problem, its the only way you can get it fixed properly and safely. On a good note, at least you know where your filter is located.
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

If its what I think it is, its a vertical stac unit, so the Mechanical portion is actually a removable chassis unit. Of course I'm taking a stab in the dark here without a model or make.
    *Proud Member of UA LOCAL 516*