Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Don't worry, there's about 10% that say they're doing better than Union while working non-Union. Only about 1% can prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    So, if the Local UA has a split scale for Building Trades and HVAC, then the National rate = Local HVAC?
    Let's say Pop's Refrigeration is a Local Sig to the 597, you'll be a B Card Jm.
    Then we'll say Hussmann Service is a Sig to the NSMA, there's no card system in the NSMA. Worst you should be is a Serviceman, sometimes called a Service Craftsman. If you're good, you should be a Service Journeyman.
    Are you understanding me? I think you're referring to the B Card as HVAC.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Hate to tell you but you are in Rochester. You guys are losing work like crazy. That's why you are coming into buffalo all the time. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Surewe are starving here. out of 1200 members, plumbers-fitters and service, 16 total on the bench and just 1 service tech among them.
    Nobody but the union would pay you $52 an hour total package, we go to Buffalo, watertown, Oleans and pretty much anywhere we can sell our services, we are not loosing work is the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Surewe are starving here. out of 1200 members, plumbers-fitters and service, 16 total on the bench and just 1 service tech among them.
    Nobody but the union would pay you $52 an hour total package, we go to Buffalo, watertown, Oleans and pretty much anywhere we can sell our services, we are not loosing work is the other way around.
    I haven't lost any work either. Only getting more. I only work forty hours and get a month and half off paid. I work to live. Not live to work. You also did not say what you are getting in the envelope. You always avoid that question.

Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

I haven't lost any work either. Only getting more. I only work forty hours and get a month and half off paid. I work to live. Not live to work. You also did not say what you are getting in the envelope. You always avoid that question.

the union scale is $31.08 "in the envelope", that figure is the very minimum, good guys make more.
    The union is not perfect, I understand you have an axe to grind.

Never heard of the NSMA (National Service Maintenance Agreement).

It appears that they use local UA contractors that are part of the MCAA (Mechanical Contractors Association of America), correct?

So, is the employee a member of the NSMA or is the NSMA an agreement between the MCAA and the UA for training and labor? Or is it something for the big companies to have 1 set of rules nationwide?

I only spent about 10 minutes digging up some info on this...

Non-National companies can sign the NSMA if they're part of the Mechanical Svc. Contractors, which is a division of the MCAA. There's fees for the shop to be part of the MSC. Companies like Emcor, Hussmann, McQuay and Trane can sign this agreement for individual branches.
    National companies like Carrier, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, and Siemens have their own Agreements.

the union scale is $31.08 "in the envelope", that figure is the very minimum, good guys make more.
    Not grinding anything but you are saying you make more then anyone else and it is simply not true. That is my beef.

So all the rest of that money goes to your bennies. I like to have control over that. I don't like other people investing my money. That is my personal choice. To many pensions are at critical status and I don't think they will be paying as we'll as everyone hopes when they retire. I know they are guaranteed by the government but when has the government come through on a guarantee? Just something to think about.

What are you in the check? My total compensation with time off paid and retirement bennies is a little over $52. And I don't have to pay for the BA's car and all his other perks.

Health insurance?

What if your job dried up tomorrow? Would you be able to duplicate this same opportunity elsewhere?

Just innocent questions.

Grind away.

Not necessarily "good guys" on all counts.... Often see crappy mechanics with good "people skills" make over scale and also sometimes guys bring an account with them, making them more valuable...

"Good guys" is too general a term for me....

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

One more thing. What are you dues out of that 31.08? And what are your monthly dues? You have to figure those as a loss. You do deduct these from your taxes don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Health insurance?

What if your job dried up tomorrow? Would you be able to duplicate this same opportunity elsewhere?

Just innocent questions.

Grind away.

Not necessarily "good guys" on all counts.... Often see crappy mechanics with good "people skills" make over scale and also sometimes guys bring an account with them, making them more valuable...

"Good guys" is too general a term for me....

GT
    When I was union it did dry up. And guess what those Health benefits were gone in six months. If it happened to you how long would they last?

Not grinding anything but you are saying you make more then anyone else and it is simply not true. That is my beef.

Well, I never said I make more than anyone else. I can tell you that I was non union for most of my tenure and as a matter of fact I was employed by your current employer many moons ago. I'm deep into whats going on, union and non, I know you got some personal issues with the union and thats fine.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast