Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Well, I never said I make more than anyone else. I can tell you that I was non union for most of my tenure and as a matter of fact I was employed by your current employer many moons ago. I'm deep into whats going on, union and non, I know you got some personal issues with the union and thats fine.
    You worked for Johnson Controls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Not necessarily "good guys" on all counts.... Often see crappy mechanics with good "people skills" make over scale and also sometimes guys bring an account with them, making them more valuable...

"Good guys" is too general a term for me....

GT
    I couldn't argue with that but is not a union thing the other side does it too.

I am vested and they will last as long as I pay my dues.

I am in a somewhat rare situation though.... We have not experienced a slow down in ANY form for the last 10 years, not one day....

All I am trying to point out is that you can't get something for nothing. Not trying to throw gas on your trash can fire...
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post

I did.... Does that make me "special"? Hated every minute I was there.... They bought the company I worked for for ten years... I did not go to them.

been there done that, I probably see you eating donuts at united shooting the breeze with the ABC guys.

What are you in the check? My total compensation with time off paid and retirement bennies is a little over $52. And I don't have to pay for the BA's car and all his other perks.

When I was union it did dry up. And guess what those Health benefits were gone in six months. If it happened to you how long would they last?

Couldn't help but notice that you answered two questions with one question....

Am I understanding correctly, you work for JCSS? Non-Union? You must be a BAS Tech then.

As a new guy trying to find more about union apprentice, your story will go a long way with.

That's last post is for cavalieri85.

[QUOTE=doughvacr;14709421]As a new guy trying to find more about union apprentice, your story will go a long way with.[/QUOTE

i dont understand this post

I read your post about taking a higher paying job over an apprentice program. I'm a new guy considering an apprentice program with ua and your post help me put it into prospective.

Quote Originally Posted by doughvacr View Post
    I read your post about taking a higher paying job over an apprentice program. I'm a new guy considering an apprentice program with ua and your post help me put it into prospective.
    That's great good luck. That program is tough but worth it. Don't get discouraged and rember money will come with time

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910