+ Reply to Thread

Thread: as long as there's a filter in the unit . . .

Post Likes

as long as there's a filter in the unit . . .

so here i go to one of what i thought was an important account. contract calls for pleated filters at all locations which I'm sure is fine . . . when the filter is actually doing something. anyway the guy referred to as "the best" even though he really sucks has been here plenty of times before & guess figured all was well with this setup. evap & blower wheel was starting to accumulate layers of dust & ironically the diffusers & surrounding ceiling tiles were dirty. the gap was the same on both sides of the before. the after, well speaks for itself . .

Post Likes
    Heh constant problem here also. Look at this filter gap I found.

Post Likes
    At least he put a date on it.

Post Likes
    Is that a York?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Is that a York?

yep. small 2 ton package

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    yep. small 2 ton package
    I thought so.. Some of those do have weird filter sizes. All he had to do was get the right one. Real hard.

Post Likes
    I hate Flanders filters, even if you order the right size, they never fit right because Flanders makes their filters smaller than any other filter manufacturer I know of.

Post Likes
    I thought so.. Some of those do have weird filter sizes. All he had to do was get the right one. Real hard.

half of the rack to hold it in was not even there. i instantly realized that & the filter size you see in pic 1 had been used since day 1 .. the kit came with a slightly smaller aluminum mesh filter i junked

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I hate Flanders filters, even if you order the right size, they never fit right because Flanders makes their filters smaller than any other filter manufacturer I know of.
    now that you mention that, I have noticed that as well.

I thought that was just a coincidence on various calls, but now I know better.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    half of the rack to hold it in was not even there. i instantly realized that & the filter size you see in pic 1 had been used since day 1 .. the kit came with a slightly smaller aluminum mesh filter i junked
    Wish every manufacturer would list recommended filter size on nameplate. I know Trane does on some. This would help a lot.

Post Likes
    That mesh filter comes with the unit. I have one of them on a store I service. The size was 19x20 and I could not find a one or two inch filter that size. I had to use a 20x20. It fit ok. I don't know why some units have crazy sizes that are not available.

Post Likes
    Well, that way you won't yell at the owner for not changing the filter - it constantly stays clear!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrobb View Post
    Well, that way you won't yell at the owner for not changing the filter - it constantly stays clear!
    sad part is its technician responsibility & it's an account that i was always told was a big deal.

Post Likes
    Yeah, we've gotten so fed up with odd-ball factory filter rack sizes and customers' inability to change them that we just sell a hi-efficiency set-up whenever we can.

Post Likes

Confused Nice

Man - even someone claiming to be a "professional".

Post Likes
    Or bigger and cut it down to size as a temporary fix. In one case there was no other way to do it as the filter rack wouldn't take any known combination of filters, so typically they'd just slide in 3 25's and trim a little bit of the end of one for each row. Also seen creative trimming or bending done in cases where customer's out in the sticks, went to 3 jobbers in the area and none had the right size filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    Wish every manufacturer would list recommended filter size on nameplate. I know Trane does on some. This would help a lot.
    That's where it's good to have your own documentation that lists the equipment and filter/belt requirements on each site you visit.

Post Likes
    He couldn't even get the direction right!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    He couldn't even get the direction right!
    Lol not the first nor last time at that lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in