JACE and Tridium AX

JACE and Tridium AX

Hey we are breaking into the JACE market using it for integration. My issue is I would like to pull live data from my points in the JACE to use in an analytics program. I can get the oBix History points but REALLY need the live data as it is being funneled into the JACE. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

which analytics program will you be using?

From the discussions it is going to be SkySpark.

Have you guys signed up with Skyfoundry yet?
    According to their web-site, it supports real-time and time-series collected data. I'd think compatibility with Niagara-AX is a given.

SkySpark is created by original Niagara authors, so there will be no problems with connection.

Although as fas as I know, SkySpark analyses historical data, not real-time ones. If you think about it, it is enough if history time interval is not too big.

Yeah I can grab all the history data from my oBix connector but am concerned that we can't get real time data and therefore will have to have very large history files for each point. Been in touch with SkyFoundry about some training......anybody get any training from them? The scripting language is unique from what I can see. Maybe some resources other than what is in the community page of SkySpark?

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl_freak View Post
    Yeah I can grab all the history data from my oBix connector but am concerned that we can't get real time data and therefore will have to have very large history files for each point. Been in touch with SkyFoundry about some training......anybody get any training from them? The scripting language is unique from what I can see. Maybe some resources other than what is in the community page of SkySpark?
    Skyspark is written in Fantom, a language created by the Frank brothers.
    http://fantom.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl_freak View Post
    Yeah I can grab all the history data from my oBix connector but am concerned that we can't get real time data and therefore will have to have very large history files for each point.
    The whole point of SkySpark is to get A LOT of timestamped histories and quickly check it against your rules.
    You don't have to have large histories in AX -- they will be periodically exported into SkySpark and stored there in proprietary NoSQL database designed specifically for timestamped information.

I went to their class in Richmond a couple of weeks ago. No mention of using live data - just pulling histories as a recurring job. We implemented this in a couple of places and are pulling five minute interval histories every five minutes, so worst case you're only five minutes behind live. Built in connectors include oBIX, CSV, any SQL connection available through JDBC, etc.