+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade Insight 3.6

Post Likes

Upgrade Insight 3.6

Dear All,

Anyone can advise me how upgrade insight 3.6 to 3.11 advance server?

After I installed insight 3.11, I restore insight 3.6 database. after restore,
    I cannot open Insight 3.11. It came out with a message "Access to Insight Denied due to insufficient privilege. please check with your account administrator".

Please note that 3.6 workstation is work group (win xp) and 3.11 workstation is domain control.

Your Kind Assistant is highly appreciate.

Post Likes
    You need a new license code to unlock 3.11 matching your dongle key SN#.

Southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland
    Post Likes
    First, You need a license to unlock 3.11. Also you can not upgrade more than 2 revisions at a time. You will need to go 3.8, 3.10, 3.11. Sorry

Post Likes
    WillyTech is absolutely correct. It might be inconvenient, but it is the only way to guarantee a complete upgrade.

Removed Link. You need to be a Pro Member in order add a link to your company. Please take a minute and review the sites rules.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 05-21-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Removed Link

Post Likes
    Dear All,

I have complete the upgrade from insight 3.6 to 3.11 follow your instruction by upgrade every 2 version.

But after upgrade, all points displayed on graphic is failed every 1 or 2 seconds.

if we check inside Alarm Status page there is no controller failed. and also the network is working well. if we look those points from CT, it is normal.

Currently there are 2 versions of controller 2.6 and 2.85. Would it be the problem of version conflict between Insight 3.11 and controller version 2.6?

Thank for your advice!

Post Likes
    sorry it took so long to get back to you.
    Check APbacklog.txt (a file in Insight/Database) in an application like Notepad++, for any occurrences of the word "error". At the end of each section, the total errors will be aggregated. If a section has errors, that section of revision must be reperformed. Also, I remember something about an issue in updating 3.6 to 3.7. You might want to get your Siemens tech to look it up for you.

Removed Link. You need to be a Pro Member in order add a link to your company. Please take a minute and review the sites rules.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 05-21-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Removed Link

Post Likes
    Arpoc926,

I have removed your Link to your business/employer . You need to be a Pro Member in order add a link to your signature. Please take a minute and review the sites rules.

Thank you in advance !!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpoc926 View Post
    sorry it took so long to get back to you.
    Check APbacklog.txt (a file in Insight/Database) in an application like Notepad++, for any occurrences of the word "error". At the end of each section, the total errors will be aggregated. If a section has errors, that section of revision must be reperformed. Also, I remember something about an issue in updating 3.6 to 3.7. You might want to get your Siemens tech to look it up for you.

I checked APbacklog.txt follow your comment. there is no any error in this file.
    Could you please advise the solution?

Post Likes
    If there are no errors in APbacklog.txt then it may be an issue with revising from 3.6 to 3.7, which I am pretty confident there is a Field Support News article about. I also recall problems with graphics on 3.11 prior to installation of service pack 1. Have you checked to ensure all your services are running correctly?

Post Likes
    There are no conflicts with insight 3.11 and any Apogee firmware. I would recommend restoring the database. Other than that call your Local branch

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpoc926 View Post
    If there are no errors in APbacklog.txt then it may be an issue with revising from 3.6 to 3.7, which I am pretty confident there is a Field Support News article about. I also recall problems with graphics on 3.11 prior to installation of service pack 1. Have you checked to ensure all your services are running correctly?
    I restore from 3.6 to 3.8 then from 3.8 to 3.10 after that from 3.10 to 3.11.

it was working normal after installation but after install about 2 weeks it become like this.

Post Likes
    There are indeed no conflicts specific to Insight 3.11. If you have taken WillyTech's advice, and restored your DB, then it is indeed time to call your branch. Any further troubleshooting would require quite a bit more knowledge about (or access to) your site.

Post Likes
    If you have online comm tools you can upgrade skipping versions. Our local branch did it fairly quick and restored the database, it was worth the money spent getting them onsite.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfitter View Post
    If you have online comm tools you can upgrade skipping versions. Our local branch did it fairly quick and restored the database, it was worth the money spent getting them onsite.
    I am using CT rev 3.9. could you please advise how to upgrade using COMM TOOL?

Thank

Post Likes
    How do you have com tools? Am I missing
    something?

Post Likes
    I agree with WillyTech. Comm Tools is a proprietary software for Siemens tech. Having to ask how to update job database with it leaves me puzzled. This is one of the basic things you should have been showed before using that tool. Lack of training from Siemens, unless your software is of doubtful origin...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in