Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite VFD

I wouldn't go out of my way to find the best and more expensive VFD for a couple of exhaust fans. The Lenze-AC Tech are affordable and would get the job done, check the M3220.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I wouldn't go out of my way to find the best and more expensive VFD for a couple of exhaust fans. The Lenze-AC Tech are affordable and would get the job done, check the M3220.
    I looked them up and couldnt find that part #. I believe that M3220 is the Baldor 2 hp #
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Id look into honeywells microdrive series if you can mount the drive indoors. There cheap, and not too complicated.

I also like yaskawa.

As far as bypass features go, its a total waste of money, adds up to 50% to the cost of a drive.

If the the drive fails, its really not that hard to install a few wire nuts and get the motor online. In any case a person would have to go to the drive to force it into bypass. Not but a few more minutes to open the cabinet.

ABB, simply none better
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Allen Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Id look into honeywells microdrive series if you can mount the drive indoors. There cheap, and not too complicated.

I also like yaskawa.

As far as bypass features go, its a total waste of money, adds up to 50% to the cost of a drive.

If the the drive fails, its really not that hard to install a few wire nuts and get the motor online. In any case a person would have to go to the drive to force it into bypass. Not but a few more minutes to open the cabinet.
    Thanks for the by-pass tip heatingman. I think I might use a dual disconnect for a by-pass.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Thanks for the by-pass tip heatingman. I think I might use a dual disconnect for a by-pass.
    That could be dangerous without an interlocking device.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    That could be dangerous without an interlocking device.
    Something to think about further. Thanks TGL
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

for a basic drive i use danfoss. I use abb for most of my drives that will be attached to a BMS. abb has built in bacnet, FLN, modbus and N2. with danfoss that would be extra. Yaskawa E7 is a good hvac series drive too.
    Experience
    Is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

A positive attidude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

just the bacnet option or lon option are extra on Danfoss. FLN, Modbus, and N2 come with the drive.

ABB,tops in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    What would your favored drive be for a 208 3phase 2hp motor (for exhaust fans).

Why?

Trying to make a final choice and looking for more input. Right now I'm about to choose a Baldor VS1ST22-0.
    Yaskawa. I havent seen enough of a distinction from one manufactuer to another to chose a favorite VFD. Essentially they are all the same.

3 phase 480/230 in through a 3 phase full wave rectifier wich loads up a bank of capacitors. ( watch out for the 800 + volt dc bus ) From there a 4 to 20 milliamp or 2 to 10 volt analog signal input controls the firing of the IGBT gates that outputs a 3 phase sqaure wave to the motor. ( simplistic yes )

They all essentially work the same. Ive got a few yaskawa's that have been reliable.

TR200 (Danfoss Drive) has the filtering in it that prevents bearing fluting. Most other brands it is an option you have to order seperately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast