Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Condensate Drain Line Tool

Any feedback on the "Mighty Pump" tool used to clear condensate drain lines?

Sorry, no feedback on the tool itself, but looks like a lot of work when some N2 will do the trick.

Thanks for the post. It actually saves a lot of time when you can suck out the drain(where possible) instead of opening the drain line at the air handler and blowing it out. Check the videos at www.acdrainpump.com they show it in use.

RONTFLMAO!!!

It's frickin' old fashioned tire pump!

I'm surprised Willie Maze never hawked that thing before his death.

That web site looked like a chimpanzee put it together!

But you are right...either nitro or a good blast of CO2 will clear a mold plug.

But if its crested up at the evap out let you'll still end up cleaning by hand because there is always some hard crust left behind that lets the gas press pace with out knockint the hard crust loose.
    Last edited by hvaclover; 08-12-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Those folks are some real salesmen if they can hawk those things for that price.
    It's the same pump I use to inflate the air mattress I use when I go camping, I bought the pump at Wally's for less than $15.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

How did I survive 28 years in the trade without one? (just something else to rattle around in my already too small truck) I work on just about anything - can't afford to carry anything that specialized. Could see a use if your work revolved around cleaning drain lines.

A lot of techs. like to use this it is small and fits in the tool bag real easy along with your other tools. The only draw back is it becomes less effective the bigger and longer the pipe gets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Any feedback on the "Mighty Pump" tool used to clear condensate drain lines?

here are some vids of dr z using it... looks pretty useful http://www.youtube.com/user/DrZarklo.../8/1mH7oYHh7FE http://www.youtube.com/user/DrZarklo.../5/ucUkgTRzk7U

Shop vac is the best thing IMHO. I have that small Gallo Gun and I can tell you that it's a PITA to try and fit that thing into a drain like is shown in the picture.

I've also been tempted to but one of these, but like I said doing service I like my shop vac.

http://www.uniweld.com/catalog/nitro...dge_sucker.htm

Here is a Contractor using the Mighty Pump in this video.

Keep in mind the Mighty Pump has more suction power than a shop vac and doesn't need electric.

You need volume of suction not deep vacuum. When you pull hard you open a small part of the drain but you don't move enough air to clear the drain.

I can fake any video.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Shop vac is the best thing IMHO. I have that small Gallo Gun and I can tell you that it's a PITA to try and fit that thing into a drain like is shown in the picture.

I've also been tempted to but one of these, but like I said doing service I like my shop vac.

http://www.uniweld.com/catalog/nitro...dge_sucker.htm

They work surprising well, but boy do you go through some nitrogen.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Here is a Contractor using the Mighty Pump in this video.

Keep in mind the Mighty Pump has more suction power than a shop vac and doesn't need electric.
    I case yoze don't do englace
    Got a feeling somebody has a garage full of these and wants to park his car again
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast