Northern area between Alantic and Pacific

HRV for swimming pool

Hi guys, one of our customer asked us to install a HRV for his swimming pool which located in the basement of his house. The pool size is 8'x20', and the pool room is 16'x25'.We never install any HRV for this kind of application. Does anyone has any idea how many cfm I need for this kind of job? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by markvilleman View Post
    Hi guys, one of our customer asked us to install a HRV for his swimming pool which located in the basement of his house. The pool size is 8'x20', and the pool room is 16'x25'.We never install any HRV for this kind of application. Does anyone has any idea how many cfm I need for this kind of job? thanks.
    This only works when the outdoor dew point is <50^F. As the outdoor dew point goes +50^F, you need big air flow. When the dew point is +60^F outside, ventilation will not dry the basement enough to prevent mold.
    Best to get a good plastic cover and large dehumidifier. Check out the Hi-E Dry Pool dehumidifiers.
    Also, it is important to depressurize the pool space by exhaust ventilating the space to contain the pool moisture to the basement pool room.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

I have balanced many "pool packs", but have only witnessed a few that actually worked in all load conditions. Higher end chilled water/ hot water/ electric reheat systems in upscale hotels and such. I have yet to witness a D/X system work as advertized, even with hot gas bypass, hot gas reheat or even when they place the condenser coil in the airstream. A moderate temperature with a decent RH level in those conditions comes at a substantial expense. Of course, if one has a pool in the basement, well, perhaps they are prepared for that cost.