Since few days I have the carrier infinity control at my house installed without an outdoor temperature sensor (OAT). The model of my furnace is an infinity 96MVP (date of installation nov-2005 and my A/C is a lennox (HS18 series - year of installation - 1989). The infinity control is showing that the A/C is OFF, while it is working! I have called the company who did the installation and still waiting for their call. Any explanation?

Also since the installation of the infinity control, the A/C is ON for fe minutes and OFF for long minutes. In a cycle of one hour, it was ON for a total time of 12 minutes only and OFF during 48 minutes even if the targeted temperature was not achieved yet. This is not what we were expecting! Is there someone who had this problem before? I have called the company who did the installation but still waiting. Meanwhile, I am curious to have an attempt of explanation.

Aaron

That's Funny!!
    If what you are saying is true the reason the Infinity can't see the condenser is becuase Carrier uses proprietary comm bus for control. Lennox will not communicate, only turn on and off. Are you on the west coast?
    It's not just a job, it's an adventure...

not true, you can have a non-communicating outdoor section with the infinity system. You dont use the a-b-c-d bus between the indoor section and outdoor section.

Thanks to your replies. I leave in Ottawa (Canada). The outdoor unit is non-communicating but after the setup, it is available in the equipment summary. I can run the AC correctly from the checkout=AC menu. This means both systems are communicating. Still in the AC status, it shows OFF even if when it is running.

does the blue light pulse while the a/c is operating?

Dear Customheating:
    No, the blue light is not pulsing. However, it happens sometime that I get the critical alert message (blue and red pulsing). After getting another one today, I checked the service=Last 10 system faults menu and found the following message - No communication with indoor unit. Then RUN/FAULT history menu for FURNACE and found code 34 (IGNITION PROVING FAULT) and 45 (CONTROL CIRCUITRY LOCKOUT) messsages. Still waiting for a tecnhician to come. Meanwhile, an attempt of explanation is welcome.
    Aaron

Custom heating, Nice picture of Bob(plays Dave) and his air conditioner. Did a Lennox advertisement with Bob and asked what he had in his house.

well what did he say?

OUTDOOR UNIT NOT IDENTIFIED

need to select NONE, AC or HP during equipment selection.

NIM Network interface module is helpful with none communicating equipment.

He had a carrier. You would think Lennox could at least given him one of there units.

Originally posted by furnace doctor
    OUTDOOR UNIT NOT IDENTIFIED

need to select NONE, AC or HP during equipment selection.

NIM Network interface module is helpful with none communicating equipment.
    NIM is only needed for (1) dual fuel with non-communicating HP, (2) 2-stage non-communicating ODU, or (3) non-zoning system with erv/hrv. You don't use it for a/c & gas furnace combo.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.