Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 108
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post
    what well? Be specific. put up a chart, graph. something.
    no one knows how long tech will keep up, or what they may find for wells, what comes on for synthetics. course the date isnt guaranteed. There is no actual date. The peak oil theory didnt come from oil companys. It started with hubbards peak. But that is another story. you seriously cant look anythin up on your own?
    Sorry, I forget that some of you need pictures;
    .
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Sorry, I forget that some of you need pictures;
    .
    There was an episode of NOVA that covered this topic. It was in 1989 episode 20. I believe they even did a test well in the French Alps.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Only morons made that claim - peaking has nothing to do with running out.

    In fact, less than half of the oil ever available has been consumed once unconventional sources are taken into an account.

    Hubert's curve has nothing to do with the amount of oil in the ground and everything to do with flowrate and cost of extraction.

    Discoveries have been in decline since the 1960s.

    The depletion of conventional fields has driven petroleum producers to exploit the tar sands and deep water wells to keep production fairly flat since 2006. Unconventional oil has a poor energy and economic return on investment (ie amount of energy and money required to extract one barrel of oil), yet no sane company would go for the most capital intensive stuff if there were new mega-fields to tap.



    The concept of abiotic oil is a convenient crackpot theory.* End of story.

    *Along with the theory of intelligent design, flat earth, and other nonesense that tea party movement subscribes to.
    More opinion with no support. Why don't you answer all of my questions for the issues that support the existance of abiotic oil?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    There was an episode of NOVA that covered this topic. It was in 1989 episode 20. I believe they even did a test well in the French Alps.

    How about a link?
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    There was an episode of NOVA that covered this topic. It was in 1989 episode 20. I believe they even did a test well in the French Alps.
    It has also been scientifically proven that oil can be produced by the Earth in the way that those who theorize that we already using abiotic oil claim it can be made. We have created abiotic oil by replicating the conditions deep in the Earth.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    How about a link?
    I don't have the link. The title was The Earth is full of oil, it was episode 20 in 1989.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    I don't know
    Posts
    2,897
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    More opinion with no support. Why don't you answer all of my questions for the issues that support the existance of abiotic oil?
    ...the same reason why I would never answer questions posed by a flat-earther.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is exactly the point that proves that we are being panicked into believing that we are running out of oil. There are many ways to extract oil from the Earth. Abiotic oil may be the toughest to get to initially, but once tapped into, the oil flow may be more abundant that we ever dreamed.

    If the theory of abiotic oil is correct, then the oil we have taken from the Earth so far is but minor leakage of abiotic oil into a few wells containing oil from fossil sources.

    How long do we keep believing that we are running out of oil when the more we use, the more we have?

    Obviously, not all shallow well oil fields are connected with the deeper abiotic oil fields. However, one in particular, Eugene Island, has gone from a 60 million barrel estimation of crude to a 400 million barrel estimation after the field was considered dried up and came back to life; http://www.wnd.com/2004/05/24777/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_..._330_oil_field

    The oil field is best known for the controversy surrounding its depletion rate. According to a 1999 Wall Street Journal article:

    The source of additional oil was analyzed as migrating through faults from deeper and older formations below the probable Jurassic and Early Cretaceous age. The oil contains biomarkers closely related to other very old oils which were long trapped in deep formations.
    Eugene Island 330's fame comes from its status as an unusual anomaly. Most petroleum scientists believe that the depletion profile is adequately explained by replenishment from deeper reservoirs of normal biologically derived petroleum.
    In regard to oil depletion concerns, while the rate went up again in the early 1990s along with the overall estimated recoverable petroleum, the rate has since declined.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    More opinion with no support. Why don't you answer all of my questions for the issues that support the existance of abiotic oil?
    Again asking for support when you have provided links which amount to nothing. One from a high school science teacher, another which simply states that Russia has become the top producer. One from Jeff Rense, with this title. Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' Is
    A Misleading Zionist Scam


    Jeff Rense is an American conspiracy theorist and radio talk-show host of the Jeff Rense Program, broadcast on US satellite radio via Republic Broadcasting Network (RBN) and Internet radio.
    Rense's radio program and website, Rense.com, cover subjects such as 9/11 conspiracy theories, UFO reporting, paranormal phenomena, Holocaust denial, Zionism, tracking of new diseases and possible resultant pandemics, environmental concerns (see chemtrails), animal rights, possible evidence of advanced ancient technology, geopolitical developments and emergent energy technologies, complementary and alternative medicine among other subjects.
    Rense's show has been accused of being among "conspiracy-oriented Internet radio shows that often feature antisemites and extremists" by the Anti-Defamation League.

    And one that draws wrong conclusions from an offshore well. Oh and an opinion article in National Geographic about world supply which is an interesting subject but unrelated to the premise of the thread.
    Last edited by pageyjim; 04-17-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  10. #36
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,027
    This is not entirely off topic.........BUT

    I think you guys are arguing about a mute point. We could have all the oil in the world, it could be flowing through our streets like flood waters but that doesn't make a damn bit of difference unless you can refine the crap

    http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Price...-Closures.html

    Here is one more thing for those of us who live in the North Eastern U.S. to start worrying about - the refineries that make our gasoline, diesel, heating oil, etc. are dropping like flies.

    In today's economy, these refineries are simply losing so much money that their owners who are not major oil companies that make billions from oil production are having put them up for sale or close them down. In recent years we lost refineries in Westville, NJ, and Yorktown, Va. A large refinery in southeastern Pennsylvania was shut down in December as was one in New Jersey. A third large Philadelphia refinery is up for sale and will be closed in July if no buyer can be found.

    Last week we learned that what once was one of the largest refineries in the world (500,000 barrels a day [b/d]), located in the US Virgin Islands and which has been shipping about 200,000 b/d to the U.S.'s east coast will close next month.
    I wonder who is going to start buying refineries? If there are no refineries the price of oil will just continue to go up.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    ...the same reason why I would never answer questions posed by a flat-earther.
    That's pretty bad that you can't even answer questions about why the Earth is not flat. Wow! You don't know much of anything, do you?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_..._330_oil_field

    The oil field is best known for the controversy surrounding its depletion rate. According to a 1999 Wall Street Journal article:

    The source of additional oil was analyzed as migrating through faults from deeper and older formations below the probable Jurassic and Early Cretaceous age. The oil contains biomarkers closely related to other very old oils which were long trapped in deep formations.
    Eugene Island 330's fame comes from its status as an unusual anomaly. Most petroleum scientists believe that the depletion profile is adequately explained by replenishment from deeper reservoirs of normal biologically derived petroleum.
    In regard to oil depletion concerns, while the rate went up again in the early 1990s along with the overall estimated recoverable petroleum, the rate has since declined.
    OK, could be. So why have we not run out of oil, as we have been continually told we are going to do.....for nearly half a century?

    How are we able to keep up with the increasing demands for oil worldwide if the Earth's oil supply is drying up? Where is all of this oil coming from?

    Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that science has had it wrong about how oil is created all along. I'm more inclined to believe that oil has always been abiotic, and that the oil we have been taking from the relatively shallow wells have simply been contaminated with fossil debris after having been driven closer to the surface from it's origination deeper below the Earth's mantle. This is the most rational answer to all of the questions about oil.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Again asking for support when you have provided links which amount to nothing. One from a high school science teacher, another which simply states that Russia has become the top producer. One from Jeff Rense, with this title. Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' Is
    A Misleading Zionist Scam

    Jeff Rense is an American conspiracy theorist and radio talk-show host of the Jeff Rense Program, broadcast on US satellite radio via Republic Broadcasting Network (RBN) and Internet radio.
    Rense's radio program and website, Rense.com, cover subjects such as 9/11 conspiracy theories, UFO reporting, paranormal phenomena, Holocaust denial, Zionism, tracking of new diseases and possible resultant pandemics, environmental concerns (see chemtrails), animal rights, possible evidence of advanced ancient technology, geopolitical developments and emergent energy technologies, complementary and alternative medicine among other subjects.
    Rense's show has been accused of being among "conspiracy-oriented Internet radio shows that often feature antisemites and extremists" by the Anti-Defamation League.

    And one that draws wrong conclusions from an offshore well. Oh and an opinion article in National Geographic about world supply which is an interesting subject but unrelated to the premise of the thread.
    I'm not asking you to comment on the links I posted, I'm asking you to answer a few simple questions.

    Why do you insist on making everything so difficult? Just answer the freaking questions!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event