Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manitowoc q454

manitowoc q454

New problem. When I leave I come back machine is off. Open cover harvest light is blinking and no water in tray. So, I reset. I stand around for 3 cycles so far. Done this 3 times so far. Every time after I leave.

Call Manitowoc. Make sure you give them all the information you neglected to post here.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Call Manitowoc. Make sure you give them all the information you neglected to post here.
    ?

Please give us a little more detail. Once you reset the machine, does it start to fill the water basin? Does it go through its water purge/harvest cycle etc.... and then start? how long are the harvest cycles? how long is the freeze. tell me more, and maybe i can help you out.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue View Post
    ?
    The unit is doing exactly what is designed to do when there's a problem. That tells me you don't have any idea how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The unit is doing exactly what is designed to do when there's a problem. That tells me you don't have any idea how it works.
    Honestly?!!>?? If he completely understood the operation of this machine, would he be out here asking for help?
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Thanks surenuff... How is one ever to learn at anything with out asking ?'s . Ok, at this point it's an over harvest code. (2 blinks). Now just trying to run down the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by surenuff View Post
    Honestly?!!>?? If he completely understood the operation of this machine, would he be out here asking for help?
    Honestly. He has 25 posts. Let him apply for professional membership. All the answers are there.
    Not bashing the guy for what he doesn't know. There are many discussions on here about DIY. Which this site does not promote. So get professional membership. At least that way we know he's in the trade. I stand by my original post. If he had called Manitowoc and said the lights are blinking, what do I do? They would have told him to call out a qualified company to resolve the issue.
    AND We still have no other info but the lights blink and the trough is dry.

EDIT As far as I can tell the OP hasn't read the label that covers the electrical panel WHICH tells him what to look for.

To to OP. No disrespect. Apply for professional membership. But in the mean time, even some basic checks of the machine is better info than "the lights are blinking" You gave us nothing and got nothing in return.

Is the water light on when there's no water in the tray I had them show water full with no water in tray replaced the water probe and fixed the problem

Harvest is too long. Cleaned. Ice drops at 1.5. Doesn't go back to freeze till around 3.4. Is that right?

Once the ice drops and the bin switch closes, the unit should go into a freeze again. At this point in time you have not provded us with any other information of value. Did you even read the label on the electrical panel which tells you things to check? Do yourself a favor and get a service manual. Manitowoc has a performance test which, by the process of elimination, you should be able to determine what is wrong with the unit. In fact, I just checked. You can download the manual from their website. Kinda special since I had to attend classes to get all the manuals.
    Good luck.

Very happy to reply. After a cleaning. It seems to have fixed it self. Not sure how. Even after the cleaning when the bin would close it took 1.5 mins. after drop to go back to freeze. Now 1.5 drop,then freeze. Now she is read for extreme fishing...

bad blood

Well it seems that some people have forgot where they came from im a gues still but trying to get my posts up for proffesional membership. To blatently give somebody an attitude that you are superior is terrible. We all learn and one thing I know for sure is nobody knows everything. If u think you do then you know nothing. And manitowoc if you call them and tell them you have a safety limit 2 what does that mean they will not tell you to call someone qualified. They will politely answer the question and try to help you as much as they can they may ask you to get more info and call back but not the ladder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast