Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthwise Purge

Quote Originally Posted by tcy612 View Post
    I agree with you Rob... Next to the economizer gaskets, the biggest source of leaks is (ironically) the place where the non-condensables are supposed to be removed.
    The new flange kits are definitely the fix for those things. On smaller ones with 4 bolts, I've had some success drilling and tapping the additional 4 holes. Even on the 8 bolt and 12 flanges, if you are meticulous with your installation and pay attention to the details, they're not problems anymore.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The purge is the lowest common denominator. It's a whole lot cheaper and easier to fix than pressurizing the chiller and leak testing. There's a short list of things that I always check on every one before I go and pressurize the machine for a leak test.
    I agree, Rob. The Purge is key to the chiller. I would always do a quick run test and inspection of it on all service calls I went on, even if the call was not purge or head pressure related. Sometimes I would find extra work. More than once I found "Max pump-out rate exceeded" that was a month or more old and still active (not ever reset).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12