Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York YCWJ

York YCWJ

Does anyone have a diagram on how the wave springs set on the valve plates I cant get this machine to load up

The solenoid(s) mounted on the end of the compressor activates the loader mechanism, but the puter' will not allow it to operate under quite a few conditions, such as "Hi-Suction pressure over-ride" along with a few other items that will inhibit loading until such time the puter' thinks it is safe to do so. Mounting the wave springs under the suction valve is much more difficult than flopping the discharge valve into its position in it's cage. You need something to hold the suction valve in it's correct position whilst' you bolt her down. Most mechanics I know use the metal banding used to strap materials to a pallet, cut in 2-3" strips and bent into a "C" shape and placed over the suction valve assembly in 3-4 places. Don't forget to remove the strips after bolting it down.
    Good luck.....Ya' gonna' need it..
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

are you sure your talking about a ycwj machine. I have the same question about the valve I just don't understand about the valve cages there isn't much pressure behind them they stay in place by themselves

I'll see what I can dig up this evening if you have corrected problem yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man this darn thing is kicking my butt. I'm not sure if I have over torqued the cages or installed the valve springs wrong or the whole thing is broke.

What model compressor do you have?

Chiller ycwj45ee046pa. Comp. jk4345/50s

Discharge valve is 45-48 ft lbs and the cage torque is 30ft lbs. wave springs need to be offset from each other, cant get a visual- either 90 or 180 degrees. Maybe someone else will step in. Just make sure unloader piston isn't sticking. Full up position is loaded(de-energized)...... Down position is unloaded( energized) uses hot gas to force piston down to shut off suction to that bank(head) - both pistons. Make sure the discharge passage is not stopped up in cover or compressor housing...... Head bolts/ inspection cover -78-90 ft lbs, disch manifold bolts - 34- 40 lbs pounds should use York C oil. Make sure when testing operation, monitor your amperage and head temps while it's loading and unloading with your test equip. Good luck

Thanks man I now know the unloader piston is moveing to the loaded position but not to the unloaded I think the valves are not allowing the gas to pass

Thanx henpeck info was very helpful I think the bolts on the cages are way to tight I think

Not to trouble you, but if I remember right - the four bolts that hold the cage/valve assembly in place, shouldn't effect the actual operation of the valve. Unless grossly over torqued in which if that's the case I would re- disassemble, inspect and replace cages and the grade 8 bolts. If that was the case.

If you can't find a definite reason for the problem, you my need to go ahead and inspect bottom end. How's the oil look? Abnormal Vibration?

Would like to see a good detailed running log including head temps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast