York YT Chiller - FLA not increasing

We have three York centrifugal chillers with the following spec

Series YT Codepak
    Unit Model YTH3J3E35COG
    Refrigerant R123
    Capacity 500 Tons
    Compressor Model YDTL.126
    Starter SSS 26L-50A (LCSSS)

The FLA (Full Load Ampere) of one of the three Chillers does not increase beyond 87% as per the display eventhough there is room for that, (the Chilled Water setpoint is 46, Chilled water entering temperature is 50).

We've checked the level of refrigerant and thats OK. What can be the issue here?

Get your post count up and apply from pro membership.

We don't talk shop without pro status.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Whats the minimum post count for that?

Fifteen qualified posts. Plus you have to apply and prove through credentials you are a professional.

I wouldn't qualify an answer to your questions as "talking shop". If a customer called me and asked the same question I would answer it as best I could with the specifics provided by the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by snsici
    The FLA (Full Load Ampere) of one of the three Chillers does not increase beyond 87% as per the display eventhough there is room for that, (the Chilled Water setpoint is 46, Chilled water entering temperature is 50).
    I would surprised your machine could get to 87% of capacity with a 4℉ difference between entering and leaving chilled liquid temperatures. If lowering the leaving chilled liquid temperature doesn't get the machine to load up, I would ask where the PRV position is when the machine is at 87% FLA. You might want to check the motor screen to see if someone has inadvertently set the current at something other than 100%. If chiller is controlled by a BAS system, run it in local mode to assure the BAS isn't limiting the current.

Quote Originally Posted by snsici
    We've checked the level of refrigerant and thats OK. What can be the issue here?
    How did you do this?

I am not a pro, but reading this here, if I had a machine that is running 87%
    I would think and assume the PRV would be around /80/90%
    And trying to load up do some cooling., more brain storming.

I would surprised your machine could get to 87% of capacity with a 4℉ difference between entering and leaving chilled liquid temperatures.

I agree

4 degree diff between ent and lve water temp on the cooler, I would (think) that
    The machine (should) be around 40/50 %FLA with the PRV @ 50 or so,.
    Don't know how correct this is!
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

PRV % does not = % capacity.

Depending on the selection of the compressor and shells, the PRV's could be open only 20% and be fully loaded to 100% motor capacity. We need way more info on the chiller if you want help. Call your service provider for help with this, before you do more harm than good.