Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm Airconditioner Not Cooling

Dear Friends,

Myself Ravi from India
    we have a Voltas 1.5 Ton AC which is 2.5 years old. Last year we refilled gas in it and since last week the AC is not cooling well, it is cooling in spurts.

So yesterday we called a technician he told that gas needs to be topped up and gave estimate of $/- gas topup + $/- Service Charge

but today when he came and checked the outdoor unit he told that there is no gas at all in the AC and it will cost $ for full gas recharge, he probably must have released all gas when opening the nut, he mentioned that the gas pipe / pipe from indoor to outdoor unit is full of snow / ice when ac is running means there is no gas at all, ,, then inspite of doing full gas recharge that AC was not cooling well then he checked and told that compressor has got cut off and is not running ,and checked and changed the capacitor. Then he charged additional $/- for the capacitor and the AC started cooling but after half hour again the AC was not working only fan seemed to work and compressor was not working.

Now again i have phone and called the technician here people are so amateur that any person without any professional qualification can start any trade. Now i am worried what happened to my AC.

and when itwill work fine.

Also the technician suggested to install a double booster stabilizer instead of a normal stabilizer. Telling double booster stabilizer will boost even 140 volts to 240 Volts whereas normal stabilizer boosts only 220-230 to 240 VOlts. Can someone suggest what could the probable problem be?
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-14-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: price

It appears so called Tech is NOT a Tech, from here, he appears incompetent.

Hopefully you can find someone that knows what they're doing...

hoviwon5220

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.

again that technician came yesterday evening and checked the indoor unit and cleaned the clogged drain pipe and then little cooling started then in night cooling was ok, but then in day time due to heat or any other reason the compressor is getting cut off after half hour / 45 mins and takes a lot of time you have to switch it off and after 20-30 mins only on it then it will start. I think i need to take some second opinion of some good pro.

It does sound like you are in need of a secong opinion. He should be able to see why the compressor is stopping. And as far as the gas, he should be able to locate and fix the leak/s. I hope someone can get you going soon.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Double booster stabilizer? I wonder what that is...
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Quote Originally Posted by albowrx View Post
    From what I could gather from the OP, she must be in an area with very unstable voltage supply, and the "double booster" is supposed to be some sort of constant power supply or transformer supplying a constant voltage source.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Quote Originally Posted by albowrx View Post
    It keeps the Coagulator from pulling the wires out of the contactor.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    It keeps the Coagulator from pulling the wires out of the contactor.

RSK:

You should not be leaking any refrigerant.
    I'm not familure with any warranty you may have.

In the US, any leaking part would be replaced/fixed, and it would usually be covered by some sort of warranty. The labor may or may not, depending on it's warranty.

It sounds like your tech has no idea what he's doing. Continually adding refrigerant to a 2.5 year old system without repairing the leak is wrong. You will spend much more money in the long run, continuing to add refrigerant than you would repairing the leak.

I would suggest you find a different company to do business with.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

id check the bilabial fricative

Good luck. I would get a second opinon as you shouldn't be leaking any freon.
    Become a friend or fan on Facebook

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    I could stop over for a second opinion, but I don't think you could afford the travel time charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast