Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058

    What do you guys consider to be a good price on a SMAN3 ?

    I paid $340 for mine (and am happy with my purchase) but i have been quoted prices as high as $420.

    I am just curious what the median price on this board would be.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I paid $340 for mine (and am happy with my purchase) but i have been quoted prices as high as $420.

    I am just curious what the median price on this board would be.

    I gave $360 but mine came with a hard case.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arnold, Mo
    Posts
    407
    I just paid $333 at Johnstone. About 3 months ago a guy was selling new ones for $250 Buy it Now on eBay. He must have sold 10 of them. Of course, I waited because I thought someone would sell them even cheaper.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    I got mine from Johnstone for $333, and the hard case for $47. Johnstone honored the online price locally.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    197
    Fieldpiece SMAN3 is $328.46 with hvactalk promotional code. At check out just put in the code “hvactalk”, then apply and you will get the 5% off the total cost of the product. Free shipping at shop.rdholder.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    Fieldpiece SMAN3 is $328.46 with hvactalk promotional code. At check out just put in the code “hvactalk”, then apply and you will get the 5% off the total cost of the product. Free shipping at shop.rdholder.com
    I am contemplating possibly the SRH3 and or the STA2. Oddly before the SMAN3 I have not owned anything by Fieldpiece.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    197
    The Fieldpiece SRH3 is $147.96 and Fieldpiece STA2 is $266.00 with hvactalk promotional code. At check out just put in the code “hvactalk”, then apply and you will get the 5% off the total cost of the product. Free 2 to3 day USPS shipping at shop.rdholder.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    The Fieldpiece SRH3 is $147.96 and Fieldpiece STA2 is $266.00 with hvactalk promotional code. At check out just put in the code “hvactalk”, then apply and you will get the 5% off the total cost of the product. Free 2 to3 day USPS shipping at shop.rdholder.com
    LOL...RDholder...your making me your b#$@ by promoting your business in my thread.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    357
    I paid 396. plus 71.00 for hoses that do not come with sman3.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    OOwwtch...that is just too much guy. Didn't you research it, or was your supplier not moving on the price?

    When i decided to get one i went to my main guy and he quoted me $450.00 plus shipping.

    Didn't even get dinner

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    LOL...RDholder...your making me your b#$@ by promoting your business in my thread.
    I will only answer a question about the cost of a tool when asked about a tool. If you can get it someplace lower go for it and if I know where it is lower I will tell you about it. I do this as I am retired from field and I know what I pay for tools your years.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    I will only answer a question about the cost of a tool when asked about a tool. If you can get it someplace lower go for it and if I know where it is lower I will tell you about it. I do this as I am retired from field and I know what I pay for tools your years.
    No, you got me wrong, I liked it! Just struck a humorous chord is all..
    I looked at your website and find it very appealing, could use that big case for my Sman3 and hoses...but I am a tad gun shy cause I can't tell how thick the plastic is.

    And your margins are very industry friendly. Thank you for that.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    197
    I have two plastic cases for the Fieldpiece SMAN 2 or 3. One is from Fieldpiece that is 19.25x14.75x8. With this Fieldpiece case you can have the hoses attached to the gauges. The other case is a Blown Molded Case that is 17x12x4.75 foamed inside, hoses are not attached, this case will work with a Digi-Cool that I have on their way too. They cost about the same price. Both cases have pretty thick plastic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event